In reply to:

It's not a guessing game at all. The prices they paid back then were equivalent to what a $9 ticket costs now.

Really?? So, movies are made and cost the same to make now as they did back then? Commercial theaters haven't been upgraded over the last 66 years to properly take advantage of new technologies? What's the cause of the tickets general rise in price levels then?

In reply to:

Gas at 10 cents a gallon or whatever it was back then is like the $2.50 or so we are paying now.

I'm sorry, but this is a flaccid arguement. We are talking about entertainment, not a state of being force by circumstances. I'll play along though. Did the rising cost of gas cause people to car pool or be more conservative with how much driving they did back then? Did the prices of tickets, and the short window for a movies video release, cause people to go see a movie once, or completely skip a movie, back then? What about bootlegging? Man, I could go on, but the fact is there are too many variables. Movies are a product of their era.

Anyway, feel free to start a thread on this topic, but lets get this thread back on its.

The EPIII DVD has also gone up for preorder at SWS.com. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get mine from my supplier a few weeks in advance. Either way, it can't come soon enough.