Well, I'm VERY happy this has worked out. I'm surprised at the RS850s being included. I thought the original plan was for the RS1000s to be the entry from av123. However, in retrospect, since the 1000s (1ks) have a powered 8" woofer (NOT subwoofer), the 850s seem a more equitable choice.

I don't have any experience with the Paradigms, nor have I heard the M80s. But I'm very familiar with the M80s nearly identical sibling, the M60s, and with the 850s. I can attest to the excellence of both. And, from what I've heard about the Paradigms, I would not be surprised to find this whole thing will simply come down to personal preference, as ALL of the entrants are above average speakers.

I would like to emphasize, right at the beginning, that it is my fervent hope, and belief, that nobody should get bent out of shape over the results. If this is indeed, a blind listening test only, the conclusions reached can be no more, nor less, than "speaker A was preferred over speaker B and speaker C, by more in THIS GROUP of people, and in THIS particular room. Doesn't mean that YOU would agree, or that the results would be the same in YOUR room.

So it is my request that we all just relax and enjoy the fun.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton