Hi John;

Yeah, the question was, basically, how "big" do the QS8s sound? I've had some speakers that had a low freq responce of 80 that, when, say an aircraft flew from front to back would give more of a "Hisssss" rather than a satisfying "Roaaaar"(know what I mean)when it flew on back. And this was with the sub taking from 80 on down. Bottom line: With an 80hz direct speaker out back, there is a hiss in the back, a rumble in the room with a component of rumble eminating from the general direction of the sub.

Sub bottom line: Do the QS8s hiss, or kinda roar?

By the way, the "hisser" was a single 5.25", bass reflex, while the QS8s of course are dual 5.25s acoustic suspension, so that alone may make a difference. Also, I am currently running my M3s out back with the cross set to 60hz and am getting good "Mini Roar" with no annoying bass from up front, but satisfying-though somewhat reduced rumble in the room.

Below the sub, bottom line: If the QS8s, crossed at 80, are a "kinda Roarer" Does anyone feel the need to add a sub in the back to augment the QS8s to make them "full roarers" when that plane flies past and the rumble component that happens to still be up front gets annoying?

Bedrock sub bottom line: Have to hear them in this room to actually find out!

Anyway, I'll leave the questions intact: Anyone feel the need to add a sub out back? And do the QS8s hiss or roar?