Good Afternoon,

I have made the decision that as soon as I can sell my HItachi 57T500 or as soon as I come up with some extra money, I am going to put in a front projector in my basement. I am asking this forum for some advice because It seems that the best advice I receive in regards to what I have purchased in the past has come from this forum. The best example was last year when I decided to upgrade my DVD player. I was currently using a Denon 910 hooked up to my Hitachi via component cables. I went into a local retailer and saw a 2900 sitting next to the 2910. The salesman asked me about my TV and told me that the 2910 was newer model and would be a MUCH better choice over the 2900 because it had a DVI connection. As it turns out, the 2900 ended up being the better player for me and this forum is what led me to hunt one down and get rid of the 2910.

Anyways, back to my question.

My room is 18 x 11 with a 7ft ceiling.

I will probably be able to either ceiling mount the projector or bulid a shelf in the back of the room to sit it on.

I watch about 80 % DVD's and the rest is a mixture of HD programming and standard television.

I enjoy how dark the blacks get with the current set so I am interested in one of the players that has the new DLP pj with the dark chip. This has lead me to the 4805 and the Optoma H31. Their prices seem great and I have read alot of the reviews on this forum.

Based on my room dimensions, would either of these two work nicely in my room?
What size and what type of screen should I consider?

If I decided to increase my budget for the projector to 2500, are there some other players that I should look at, or is the H31 and 4805 the best bang for the buck going?

Any advice would be helpful and I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

JEFF

Opt. H31 Denon AVR3803 Denon 2900 Axiom M60'S Axiom VP150 Axiom QS8's x 4 HSU VTF-2