AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (fredk, chesseroo), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13348 Members
11 Forums
22993 Topics
406671 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17816
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11316
MarkSJohnson 11004
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by chesseroo @ 44 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: michael_d I really donít know what folks are yacking about when they mention that granite needs to be resealed. When was it sealed in the first place? It was polished at the processing facility, but sealed?? I have used a variet
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by chesseroo @ 58 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverMy wife watches Holmes the renovator guy on HG TV. She said that he recommends quartz for durability so that's the way that we went. We have never had a stain nor a scratch or blemish in over 2 years - it is really
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by michael_d @ 59 minutes 38 seconds ago

My counter tops are granite. Black, with big flakes of mica. I also have an area that is stainless steel (which is why I picked the slab with mica flakes in it). I guess itís been 14 years or thereabouts since I built the place. Damn, time has slippe
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ Today at 12:53 PM

My wife watches Holmes the renovator guy on HG TV. She said that he recommends quartz for durability so that's the way that we went. We have never had a stain nor a scratch or blemish in over 2 years - it is really tough whereas granite is more pro
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Today at 11:32 AM

That's really interesting stuff. Thank you. Sounds like short version is regardless of whether I spend the money for Atmos or not, losing my on wall QS8 surrounds in favor of only having in ceiling surrounds is not the best choice. Better to figure
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ Today at 11:11 AM

I missed it....how wide is the room? And.... How far off the back wall are your towers?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Today at 11:07 AM

Amazon.ca has a receiver for $1800. Amazon.com has one for $1600.
The Water Cooler
I wouldn't expect alot of issues really from either granite or the 'quartz' countertops unless a person left some liquid sitting for a prolonged period (much like the coffee rings that Peter described). However, knowing that granite could be perfectl
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 10:09 AM

I hummed and hawed over it too during my build planning phase. In the end I decided I'd be kicking myself later for not doing at least the rough-in for it. Your fault Nick with your CEDIA coverage.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Today at 10:09 AM

You need basically 4 speakers for the ceiling (2 is the minimum), and a good $2500-$3000 for the receiver or receiver/amp combination to power all 11 speakers (7.1.4 setup). It gains you what is called "object based" audio where they can
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 10:05 AM

There are many places to go to research ATMOS. I wont repeat the whole story here but here is the readers digest version. To use ATMOS you need to add height (and optionally wide) channels. This is accomplished by using atmos enabled speakers, atm
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Today at 09:39 AM

I am not that familiar with the Atmos. I currently own Axiom Grand Master 7.1 on wall that I have from a theater room in a home I have since moved from. I am building my new space. I have yet to purchase a receiver. Based on some of the things I
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade? by butcherbme @ Today at 05:23 AM

That's a large area open to many other rooms, much like mine. I tried an EP500 and wasn't content. I would have need two. I didn't want two so I got a JL Audio f113. That does the job. I see that Axiom has larger subs now so there are options with Ax
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts (resolved) Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by Adelin @ Today at 02:31 AM

I finally found a not that expensive path : Rca audio switch: 4 rca input to one rca output for consummer audio. price range : 9 to 40 euro. Active direct box: start price: 33 euros Monitor volume control : start price 28 euros can be replaced by
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ Today at 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonWhat will the lighting look like while viewing? For watching a movie, I'll just turn all of the lights off: If I want a little light for distracted entertainment, I can do this for now: My dad wants to put LE
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ Today at 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawDo you /will you use the grills or leave them exposed? I think I'll leave them exposed unless younger kids are coming over. The glue on the grills isn't what it used to be, so they've started coming off at the edges. I'l
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ Today at 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: CatBratDoors would look better over the shelving. To me looks too distracting. Other than that is good. I tend to prefer the open shelving look for movies/books/music/games. I'm just imagining a library where all of their book
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Today at 12:06 AM

I second Atmos... If I was starting over I'd start with 5.1.4 with 2 subs.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

We put in Caesarstone 'Quartz' in our kitchen & 3 bathrooms over the past couple of years. We did a full back splash ($$$!) in the kitchen with it as well. Ours was a new colour 2 years ago called '4255 Creme Brulee' & we were the first to
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pmbukoThe lab benches where I work use a dull gray silestone with a matte finish. I've seen many a desk with coffee ring stains. Well that is interesting. Are you sure they are stains or just someone being sloppy and lazy?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

Yeah, go in-wall if you need to hide them. Heck, I can even get you in touch with someone who knows how to cover the in-walls with custom printed fabric panels that will let the sound through, but hid even the in-wall speaker grills. (That would be
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Best concert dvd's by butcherbme @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Blueray The Band The Last Waltz THE DUKES OF SEPTEMBER (DONALD FAGEN, MICHAEL MCDONALD, BOZ SCAGGS)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

I only have experience with one setup with the 3 main channels in ceiling. It was spec audio in an upscale home. As Nick said, not good. If you go the route you are contemplating you will at least have height channels pre-installed for later. I
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by aspicer1 @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Interesting. I was considering the in ceiling for a 7.1 dedicated home theater. Front and center on wall and the 4 surrounds in ceiling. I was considering the for asthetics. Sounds like it might not be worth it if the sound quality will be that po
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

I work with a guy that went with in-ceiling speakers when he built his house. He went with over-priced product that the local "audio/video experts" priced up and installed. Honestly, it sounds bad. I know that surround speakers don't nee
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.