AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
EP175v4 with M3v4
Jungle's HT
Who's Online
2 registered (GregM, Serenity_Now), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22944 Topics
405793 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11270
MarkSJohnson 10965
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by chesseroo @ 33 minutes 4 seconds ago

Maybe an hour? Sometimes there are only so many locations or positional movements within a room that it doesn't take long. Even then, i can't say anything is perfect. I agree with bridgman though that the M60s were easier to place than the M22s but
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by brwsaw @ 41 minutes 13 seconds ago

Crazy fast
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by brwsaw @ 42 minutes 16 seconds ago

The best sound stage I've had took several hours spread over 2 weeks. I wasn't in a hurry and wow. I've ruined it several times since, starting with the addition of an acoustically transparent screen. A rerun of the original placement is scheduled
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by brwsaw @ 46 minutes 14 seconds ago

I'm up for a movie but you're a little too far (+/-800 miles too far) away. Next weekend? The bear looks happy.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by GregM @ Today at 07:07 PM

Here is a picture of my sad, bachelor's Friday night. Watching a movie on my new M60's all by myself with just the bear to keep me company. Greg
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by storm266 @ Today at 06:51 PM

Wow, ordered tuesday night and received them today (factory). So it was fast. Have diner with friend tonight but i will let you know how it goes sometimes in the week-end.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Pioneer receiver manual 7.1 setup WTF?!?! by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 06:03 PM

LOL. Nah. You know me. I just say it without giving two fuggs what anyone thinks . I edited because I ended up finding the answer to my question.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Pioneer receiver manual 7.1 setup WTF?!?! by bridgman @ Today at 04:52 PM

I'm guessing ^^^ was a much more interesting post before editing
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by exlabdriver @ Today at 01:55 PM

I have a pair of pristine AX2s that I retired 3 years ago when I bought M22V3s to replace them. The last time that I looked, mine did not suffer the speaker surround rot that many have over the years. Huge power handling & great performers espe
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by Serenity_Now @ Today at 01:22 PM

Somehow I knew I would hear from you, and glad for it. I checked out those older axioms too. Hard to beat that price for a speaker that works even. I would be killed! Lol. Spending time doing this sort of thing has taught me the more I learn
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ Today at 01:06 PM

That doesn't sound right. You double checked, your PJ is mounted upside down, did you try the opposite control?
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Pioneer receiver manual 7.1 setup WTF?!?! by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 12:58 PM

Balls.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by CatBrat @ Today at 12:38 PM

E A T I N G D R I N K I N G
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by pmbuko @ Today at 11:27 AM

Nice one, Chess. I've heard Scala's cover of Radiohead's Creep before, and this one is great, too.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Before Mark Outs Me by ClubNeon @ Today at 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: CVSorry to hear about your square rooms, but otherwise that's exciting. I'm sure you'll figure out ways to make it work. It simplely provides more initiative to finish the other non-square rooms to move the audio stuff into.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Before Mark Outs Me by ClubNeon @ Today at 09:35 AM

Thanks John for once again providing, actual, useable information.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by bridgman @ Today at 07:30 AM

In my case the comparison was between M2i and M60ti, both crossing over to the subs at 100 Hz to go easy on the M2s. I thought the sound was surprisingly similar at moderate volumes, but all of my friends thought there was a huge difference and the
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by bridgman @ Today at 06:54 AM

10 years so far. Before that I had different speakers and was working on getting *those* set up right. Actually that's not totally correct -- the M60s seemed to be less picky than most about location, and once I learned not to toe them in as much as
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Before Mark Outs Me by JohnK @ Today at 03:30 AM

Buddy .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Before Mark Outs Me by CV @ Today at 02:09 AM

Sorry to hear about your square rooms, but otherwise that's exciting. I'm sure you'll figure out ways to make it work.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

I've already gotten my money's worth out of my laser level. I spent the last 1.5 hours tweaking until I've got both sides parallel and the top and bottom within 2 mm. Now I have to undo all that because I messed up. I thought I had the projector c
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by fredk @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Greg. What version are the M22s? Where are you hearing the difference? When I did my comparison at the factory with V2, I was surprised at how much the same the M22 and M60 were in the mids and treble: virtually indistinguishable. Obviously the M
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by GregM @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Watched Godzilla last Friday and want to say I noticed a pretty big difference in sound over the M22's. That could be wishful thinking. I'll do more testing this weekend. The M-60's certainly have an awesome presence in my room. Greg
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Before Mark Outs Me by fredk @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

He cooks too? Damn!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Before Mark Outs Me by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: ClubNeonI'm afraid I've been gone too long; I don't know who Buddy is.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.