AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 63 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13313 Members
11 Forums
22856 Topics
403821 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17755
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13325
CV 11171
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Just pair your M2s with an EP400 or two (like I have) & you can have sonic nirvana - crisp mid & upper end & oh so deep & powerful lower end... TAM
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

OK, that was interesting and a little bit disturbing... After getting comfortable with the M40's for music I hauled the M60s back upstairs to the HT area and now it sounds right again. That freed up the M2s and got me thinking about how they would s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Old M3 speakers with current Bracket Possible? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

I just looked at the FMB instructions and they didn't mention wood screws, so my guess is that they are not included. That said, I bet someone at Axiom remembers the details... or can at least recreate them from knowledge of the speaker innards. EDI
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Old M3 speakers with current Bracket Possible? by embeleco @ Yesterday at 06:19 PM

Thanks bridgman. Does someone out there has the diagram/template for those 4 wood screws and also the length of the screws? I think the FMB does not comes with those screws right? -Jose
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Old M3 speakers with current Bracket Possible? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

With earlier versions of the speakers the FMB was attached with 4 wood screws. There used to be a template/diagram/whatever showing where the screws should go in the back of the M3 speaker, but I haven't been able to find one. Hopefully someone her
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Old M3 speakers with current Bracket Possible? by embeleco @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Hi. I have a question. I have a friend selling me a pair of M3-v1 old speakers. I need them as I'm doing an ATMOS setup. Currently I have a pair of M3 as Front Heights using Axiom Full Metal Bracket. I would like to add another pair of M3 for Rear H
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP 500 V2 not working by a401classic @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Have you check ALL the fuses? The small ones are quite sensitive to surges. Brent had me switch out the 250mA for 1A fuses.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Of course, the more I think about it, the more I realize that we would lose probably 25-50% of all professional athletes at one point or another for some period of time or financial penalty.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 06:49 AM

What Nick said. Also, nice hand grenade, Bob.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by nickbuol @ 09/01/14 10:25 PM

I say discipline/sanction them for ALL of their crimes! These people are paid SO much money, that they should behave if they want to continue to keep getting all of that money. The price of fame and celebrity-ism.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 09/01/14 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: CVTrying out BoJack Horseman on Netflix. It has its moments, but it better be building to something. Ha ha. Kind of crazy how many celebrity guest voices they pack in. I liked it well enough. Not a classic yet, but solid. Now
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by Socketman @ 09/01/14 06:49 PM

I think its none of their business.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by cybrsage @ 09/01/14 06:16 PM

I would love to have angled driver On-Ceiling mounted speakers - I really do not want to cut into my sound silencing barrier.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 09/01/14 05:49 PM

I think it's blatantly misogynistic!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by BobKay @ 09/01/14 04:16 PM

I think the new rules by which the NFL can discipline/$anction players for committing domestic violence is blatantly racist!!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by Nick B @ 09/01/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanSpeaking of port plugs... any idea how they impact the frequency response, ie whether they just reduce port output or whether they shift the enclosure tuning as well ? Reason I'm asking is that when I look at the FR ch
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: TAVES 2014 by nickbuol @ 09/01/14 03:04 PM

I know that Bryston will be at CEDIA in Denver, so it seems like they are making some of the big shows. Not sure about TAVES though.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/01/14 02:30 PM

Whoops, double post. As long as I'm here, I tried the second option from the above list (raising the speakers, but not so much) and that seemed to help quite a bit, ie the improvement in bass was noticeable and any loss in higher frequencies was not.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/01/14 02:29 PM

Hmm. At first glance the more solid stands didn't improve things, although I may just have lost some artificial bass reinforcement from the tote bottom resonating. Coupling to the floor seems a bit better, ie the bass can be "felt" more rea
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP 500 V2 not working by SirQuack @ 09/01/14 09:50 AM

I seem to recall my old EP500v2 also had this switch, and I think many times when I was trying to tweak all the settings (phase, crossover, etc.) I tried this setting out of curiousity, but it didn't do anything. I seem to recall the Load setting is
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: TV Wall Mount question by Serenity_Now @ 09/01/14 09:23 AM

From what i have seen and installed, manufacturers dont make interchangable parts when it comes to mounts and brackets. The mounting hole pattern on the back of the tv is about all the cooperation they came up with. There are even variations in a s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts TAVES 2014 by Serenity_Now @ 09/01/14 09:14 AM

Does anyone know if axiom or bryston will be attending taves as exhibitors this year? I'm thinking of making an effort to get there and it would be cool if so.

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.