AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, SpenceJT2003), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13310 Members
11 Forums
22849 Topics
403728 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16267
SirQuack 13323
CV 11166
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by bridgman @ 08/26/14 08:05 PM

Did anyone else look at that chart and think "oh crap, I need a new projector" ?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Burger Timmies by Socketman @ 08/26/14 07:06 PM

We are more than happy to have the tax dollars as revenue. Tim's will still be the same and we have had Bugger King for many years ,nothing should really change except maybe Obama's opinion of Burger KIng
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Burger Timmies by tomtuttle @ 08/26/14 07:03 PM

It made me sad.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Now or Never by tomtuttle @ 08/26/14 07:02 PM

I just got a new favorite hobby. Thanks, Bob!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by tomtuttle @ 08/26/14 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayOriginally Posted By: tomtuttle But I just don't see myself regularly sitting closer than 8 feet from a 65" screen. But what if it were a movie about dwarf children and their Chihuahua puppies? What then, Tom, what
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by CatBrat @ 08/26/14 04:50 PM

To me, the 4K isn't about something that's better, it's just about getting the latest good quality thinga-ma-jig in TV's.
The Water Cooler
My new motto:
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Burger Timmies by medic8r @ 08/26/14 04:40 PM

When I heard that Burger King had agreed to purchase Tim Horton's for $11.4 billion, I of course thought of my Canadian Axiomite friends and the visits I had to Tims. I wonder how this is going over up there, i.e. how you all will like burger-flavor
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Now or Never by BobKay @ 08/26/14 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: bridgmanOriginally Posted By: fredk Actually, nobody wants Mr Ford anymore. He's well past his 'best before' date, he just doesn't quite know it yet. And yet... http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by MarkSJohnson @ 08/26/14 04:34 PM

Don't belittle his decision, Bob!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by BobKay @ 08/26/14 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle But I just don't see myself regularly sitting closer than 8 feet from a 65" screen. But what if it were a movie about dwarf children and their Chihuahua puppies? What then, Tom, what then?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: QS8/4s - to aim, or not to aim, that be the ? by SpenceJT2003 @ 08/26/14 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanPerfect (or at least that's how I would do it, which is not necessarily the same thing ) Thanks for that bit of validation. I am trying to keep my mind off of the Marantz SR7009 that I have on order... that I am no
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by tomtuttle @ 08/26/14 03:18 PM

Thanks, guys. Yes, I missed the window of opportunity on plasma. Panasonic is done with them, and I think Samsung will be at the end of 2014, too. LG doesn't market anything above 60". Given my room configuration and viewing habits, I'm not
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by BlueJays1 @ 08/26/14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: BlueJays1 I like Calamus a lot too! Tried and purchased some very tasty wines last week. I know. It was due to a list you posted here that I first tried Calamus. What is the Showcase Outlier Gewur
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Now or Never by fredk @ 08/26/14 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanOriginally Posted By: fredk Actually, nobody wants Mr Ford anymore. He's well past his 'best before' date, he just doesn't quite know it yet. And yet... http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/to...ll-tracker.html Well
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by fredk @ 08/26/14 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueJays1 I like Calamus a lot too! Tried and purchased some very tasty wines last week. I know. It was due to a list you posted here that I first tried Calamus. What is the Showcase Outlier Gewurztraminer like? Sounds int
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: QS8/4s - to aim, or not to aim, that be the ? by bridgman @ 08/26/14 02:25 PM

Perfect (or at least that's how I would do it, which is not necessarily the same thing )
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by BlueJays1 @ 08/26/14 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkTime to bring this thread back up to page 1. I had a really nice Calamus Estate Cab Franc on Saturday. This is now one of my favourite Niagra wineries. Lots of good wines at very reasonable prices. The Cab Franc, at $20
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by Adrian @ 08/26/14 01:59 PM

Samsung 6 series LCD still trouble free after 5 years...I'll look at a 4k in 2-3 years once the $ drops...will definitely be looking at another Sammy before any other brands.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: QS8/4s - to aim, or not to aim, that be the ? by SpenceJT2003 @ 08/26/14 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanFrom your description it sounds as if the side surrounds are pretty much "beside" the listening position rather than "beside and slightly behind", is that correct ? My understanding (which could be ou
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advise by CatBrat @ 08/26/14 01:41 PM

I have the 65 inch Panasonic VT-50 plasma (from about 2 years ago), and am in love with it, but unfortunately, plasma's won't be made in the 4k version, as I've heard, so plasma's will probably be phased out. If I were buying today, I'd definitely g
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: QS8/4s - to aim, or not to aim, that be the ? by bridgman @ 08/26/14 11:16 AM

I have had the option to angle QS8s in all my installations but have always left them parallel to the walls. I did a bit of testing back when I had a rectangular-ish room and decided I liked the parallel placement a bit more than angled, but IIRC the
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.