Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
6 registered (J. B., wschwartz, MarkSJohnson, Boltron, pmbuko, Ajax), 115 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12775 Members
11 Forums
22691 Topics
400638 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17697
pmbuko 16227
SirQuack 13311
CV 11064
MarkSJohnson 10694
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Sub Q by brwsaw @ 04/21/14 03:36 PM

Ask Brent for a trade in value. Its pretty new, you might be surprised.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by pmbuko @ 04/21/14 02:05 PM

Lucky for us, the Axiom forum software automatically detects and protects passwords. If you try to type your password in a post, it will automatically turn it into asterisks. For example, this is my password: ********* (Please do not fall for
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by J. B. @ 04/21/14 01:47 PM

i do use many different phrases. thanks for the tip.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by ClubNeon @ 04/21/14 01:43 PM

If you're using the same phrase for all sites, it doesn't matter how hard it is to guess. All it takes is for one site to screw up, and a bot to be programmed with their leaked list, and all your accounts will start being hacked (well, at least your
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by CatBrat @ 04/21/14 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: J. B.what i've been doing for years is this: i think up a phrase like: "No body will ever break that pass word but me". then when i have to write the password, i only write the first letter of each word; this is the r
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by ClubNeon @ 04/21/14 01:35 PM

Create a bookmark with the following string as the URL: Code:javascript:(function(){var%20ca,cea,cs,df,dfe,i,j,x,y;function%20n(i,what){return%20i+%22%20%22+what+((i==1)?%22%22:%22s%22)}ca=cea=cs=0;df=document.forms;for(i=0;i<df.length;++i){x=df[
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by ClubNeon @ 04/21/14 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonThanks Chris! But then how do you remember that password for convenience when re-entering the site? Learn to perform MD5 hashes in your head? I just use the save password feature of the browser (and have a bookmar
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by J. B. @ 04/21/14 01:23 PM

what i've been doing for years is this: i think up a phrase like: "No body will ever break that pass word but me". then when i have to write the password, i only write the first letter of each word; this is the result: "nbwebtpwbm&quo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by CatBrat @ 04/21/14 01:21 PM

Passwords have always been a weak point for me. I picked a few several years back and keep using them over and over again. Definitely need a better way. I like combining 2 or more words with different capitalization and including numbers.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by tomtuttle @ 04/21/14 01:19 PM

I'm interested in this topic, too. Thinking about paying for LastPass, since I often use my phone and/or iPad in addition to PC. I'm not sure I'm quite geeky enough to use Chris' method.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Sub Q by tomtuttle @ 04/21/14 01:16 PM

You'd be better off asking Brent, but I doubt you'd get much payoff for the extra expense.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by MarkSJohnson @ 04/21/14 01:14 PM

Thanks Chris! But then how do you remember that password for convenience when re-entering the site?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Sub Q by CatBrat @ 04/21/14 01:00 PM

My take on it, is it probably would not be worth the extra expense to make them match exactly. Sonically, I really doubt if Ported versus Sealed would make that big a difference. Only after comparing the 2 would you be able to come to any conclusion.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by ClubNeon @ 04/21/14 12:58 PM

I do something like this: 1. Take a password only known to me. 2. Use it on every site, but... 3. Hash it with the domain of the site. For example: Say I'm using the password, "password". For axiomaudio.com I would take the string, "
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by CatBrat @ 04/21/14 12:45 PM

My order for EP500 v4 just went through this morning. Vermont Maple with Burnt Sienna grill. 10 days and counting. This is an upgrade from an EP350 V3, Cinnamon Beach with black grill. I purchased 4 years ago. Good price through the Trade Up program
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Enter Password Here: by MarkSJohnson @ 04/21/14 12:43 PM

I really need to change all my passwords, and I'm running into the same quandary that every other computer user deals with: Creating a totally different, nonsensical password for every site is the safest but unwieldy solution, and using 012345 every
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Dual Sub Q by msjpearson @ 04/21/14 12:30 PM

I currently have an Ep 500 v3 purchased earlier this year. I've been told by Brent that is has the v4 innards. I decided I wanted a 2 sub set up, so I added an ep500 v4, with the new non-ported design. My question is, should is upgrade my v3 so it
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by BobKay @ 04/21/14 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: aquashankarOriginally Posted By: BobKay I am DEEPLY sorry that you were not previously informed that I am a jerk, and I almost never mean what I way. I am frequently a sarcastic, sometimes mean-spirited, contrary asshole, but ne
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by BobKay @ 04/21/14 11:00 AM

Jack, Murph is correct. I'm terrible at even noticing emotos, let alone interpreting them.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dumb question on binding posts by ClubNeon @ 04/21/14 10:04 AM

Yeah, there's really too many variables involved. Not only different lengths, but different gauges. Also when testing how much of an increase in resistance (or impedance) there is from bare wire to terminated wire, the connection point to the test e
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Power Requirements for EP500 V3 by MichaelTrottar @ 04/21/14 09:23 AM

I think where the misunderstandings is here is that feedback and outcome currents are not the same. But we don't proper care what the outcome volts is for division requirement calcs.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.