AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13310 Members
11 Forums
22850 Topics
403786 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13324
CV 11170
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by brwsaw @ Today at 03:22 AM

I wonder... I can't raise my ceiling height for Atmos but I could replace some or all of the seating. I wonder which fabrics and or fillers have the best acoustic properties (do no harm).
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by exlabdriver @ Today at 03:14 AM

Deleted double post... TAM
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by exlabdriver @ Today at 03:14 AM

This may not be relevant, but when I plugged the rear port on my M3s that are on stands in corners that were excessively reinforcing the bass response, the sound cleaned up dramatically. I was able to completely remove the EQ from the bottom end &
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 02:19 AM

Trying out BoJack Horseman on Netflix. It has its moments, but it better be building to something. Ha ha. Kind of crazy how many celebrity guest voices they pack in.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by bridgman @ Today at 02:15 AM

Speaking of port plugs... any idea how they impact the frequency response, ie whether they just reduce port output or whether they shift the enclosure tuning as well ? Reason I'm asking is that when I look at the FR charts for speakers with the HP
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by CV @ Today at 02:14 AM

I had a Sumo Omni several years back and liked it, though I never got enough use out of it. It was never in the main room. I eventually got rid of it after deciding I wouldn't have space for it in the future layout. If you can accommodate one, I say
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Today at 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawBean bag chair? Hah, that's a great idea. I clicked on a Sumo beanbag chair ad once and now the ads are coming up all the time... had a nagging thought that I needed to get one but couldn't figure out why. Now that you me
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts It was like that when I found it, I swear by brwsaw @ Today at 12:43 AM

Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by brwsaw @ Today at 12:25 AM

Bean bag chair? You would be able to lower the speaker back down to the floor and, in theory, get the best of both worlds.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Adrian @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Wanderlust...Paul Rudd...Jennifer Anniston...supposed to be funny...wasn't...one of the worst movies I've ever seen...EVER!!...that includes ALL movies by Steven Seagal.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by SirQuack @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

Wow, what happened to my thread, over 8,000 replies and 34+ million views. I'm so proud of myself for thinking of this idea.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: SocketmanThe girls are gonna think you bin working out what with all the speaker moving. That's the plan. Carrying the M40s and M60s up and down the stairs every couple of days has to help a bit. If I was more motivated I gues
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphListening to my buddies brother's band, Alvvays. While I'm impressed, it's a bit too generic into the indie pop sound for me. However, they are getting a lot of recognition and have developed a big following in Europe as
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Now or Never by fredk @ Yesterday at 12:06 PM

Too funny Murph. I'll have a jug of that maple syrup rum you've been drinking. Originally Posted By: bridgman... 31% in the latest poll. Much more fun than "reality TV". For those of us outside of Toronto, yes.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by brwsaw @ 08/29/14 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Amie Here's your chance to help us design the perfect speaker! We think there is a need on the market today for a pair of audiophile-quality Airplay-enabled speakers, for people who like both great sound and easy-to-use product
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Need advise on how/where to sell speakers by brwsaw @ 08/29/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: ereedHaven't heard from Pablo in a while. Sent him a PM to purchase his axiom speakers but no respond from him. I wonder if he is still a member on this forum? There was a month between his post and yours, I'd assume he sold
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by brwsaw @ 08/29/14 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI continue to read from the 'experts' on some other forums who continue to trash horizontal CC speakers because of supposed comb filtering & lobing problems with these designs. IMO these anomalies are minimal at
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Bryston Middle T today by brwsaw @ 08/29/14 04:24 PM

I couldn't view it from my S4.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Need advise on how/where to sell speakers by ereed @ 08/29/14 04:11 PM

Haven't heard from Pablo in a while. Sent him a PM to purchase his axiom speakers but no respond from him. I wonder if he is still a member on this forum?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Bryston Middle T today by brwsaw @ 08/29/14 03:30 PM

James clarified " ..on the earlier versions of the speakers we used the same midrange casting as Axiom. Currently we use our own casting..". Its nice to get a friendly response from him, he seems like a pretty good guy.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by sonicfox @ 08/29/14 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphListening to my buddies brother's band, Alvvays. How did they get their name? Is it the German pronunciation for "always"?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Large TV Advice by exlabdriver @ 08/29/14 12:32 PM

This should be of interest to this thread: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/h...ad-oled-4k.html TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by exlabdriver @ 08/29/14 12:14 PM

I continue to read from the 'experts' on some other forums who continue to trash horizontal CC speakers because of supposed comb filtering & lobing problems with these designs. IMO these anomalies are minimal at best in most HT rooms but they ar
Home Theater
That's my dilemma. Stick with the 3007 and put Atmos off a bit or get a new AVR and try sell the repaired 3007.
Home Theater
I don't believe that the 3007 is Atmos capable. I thought that only the most recent receivers would be... Still.... Glad to hear that they are fixing the HDMI board.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.