AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22900 Topics
404648 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10903
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 25 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bridgmanI have this crazy idea that you should soundproof three of the walls and leave one untreated so your room *acts* rectangular even if it's actually square. sorry I assumed thats what you meant. Oh the interwebs..
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ 36 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowPlanning on a single flimsy wall and beefing up others unfortunately is pouring money down the drain. For what it's worth, I wasn't recommending beefing up the other walls to deal with room modes -- it's likely t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 08:22 PM

From the couple books I have read: Below 200-300hz the walls become less effective at blocking sound transmission. Room modes are thought to be augmented by bulking up walls, as you allude to, but they are best dealt with by dimensions and bass tra
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ Today at 07:52 PM

One thing that surprised me recently was that low frequency waves didn't seem to care much for my spindly little internal walls, and only the solid external walls really seemed to contribute to standing wave formation. That might turn out to be good
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New B-stock Store by newf @ Today at 06:49 PM

Is it just me or is there nothing in the b stock store? I have been looking almost daily for months and finally gave up for a refurb set of m3's in a color I am unsure of.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Today at 05:44 PM

Some notes on the room size... A "square" is an acoustical nightmare. 1 Foot difference in length or width will make a difference (pun intended) in the acoustical performance. Staggered Stud Wall is what Catbrat is mentioning with the 2
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Today at 05:22 PM

Aaron, your pictures don't show up because they are locked down by security on Facebook.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Aaron75The only way for me to adjust the length or width would be to build out one of the walls. Would that really be that much of a benefit and worth losing the space in the room? There is always a way to deal with problems
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by CatBrat @ Today at 03:12 PM

Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CatBrat @ Today at 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: CatBratOne suggestion for the walls is to use 6 inch upper and lower plates, then use staggered 2x4's so that each one only touches one wall instead of both. Maximum reduction of vibration this way. Too late to edit: Also fill
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Today at 01:24 PM

The only way for me to adjust the length or width would be to build out one of the walls. Would that really be that much of a benefit and worth losing the space in the room?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ Today at 01:01 PM

Is it too late to suggest something other than square (18x18) for the room dimensions ? IIRC the room would be large enough that the dominant room mode would be down at 30 Hz but it would still help a bit if you could get length and width to be diffe
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday! by CatBrat @ Today at 12:28 PM

Cool
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CatBrat @ Today at 12:26 PM

One suggestion for the walls is to use 6 inch upper and lower plates, then use staggered 2x4's so that each one only touches one wall instead of both. Maximum reduction of vibration this way.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Today at 11:44 AM

Wow that's a of good stuff thanks. I will take a look at the roxul. Looks pretty inexpensive which is great. What do you think of the acoustic mass loaded vinyl sheeting? From what I read if you put it between the drywall and studs it basically r
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 11:25 AM

My thread is polluted with broken links. The horror. Lol. Welcome back Aaron. I've been working on my own "best for less" solution for sound isolation. I'm going with,in order, 5\8 drywall on resilient channel and roxul safe and sound o
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ Today at 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: SocketmanIt will be a few days until I have it set up and mess with all the settings. I am going to use this as an opportunity to try and straighten out the mess of wires I have. Since Dirac is not installed yet I will have to t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday! by medic8r @ Today at 10:56 AM

Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Today at 10:52 AM

I had a great theater room years ago that the kind folks on this forum helped me build. Here are pics of what you all helped me with when I was building it. [img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=3&theater[/img] [img]https://www
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with surround speakers placement by Aaron75 @ Today at 10:13 AM

Okay! I am not a gamer so I think the higher positioning will work better for me. Perfect! Thanks. Aaron
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Today at 10:12 AM

Thanks! Sounds great, gives me confidence that I can mount where I like them. Appreciate the feedback. Aaron
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday! by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 09:38 AM

Jeeez, ALL THE RAIDERS DIED, TOO?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday! by BobKay @ Today at 09:05 AM

To Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones. He turns 78 today! Whoa! There was nothing in the '60's that would have led us to believe that this could actually happen. And a RIP to Paul Revere (and the Raiders) who died last week @ 76.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Another argument.... by Murph @ Today at 08:30 AM

All jokes aside, that is pretty interesting.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Murph @ Today at 08:28 AM

I want new stuff!!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.