AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (bridgman), 44 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22902 Topics
404767 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17783
pmbuko 16282
SirQuack 13337
CV 11212
MarkSJohnson 10911
Meanwhile On Facebook

Ian and Andrew join in the debate about whether or not people want uncompressed...

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Today at 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawI wanted the freedom to select my screen size once it had an image projected on it. This seemed the easiest way. That's a good point. If I build too big, I can mask. Too small is hard to fix. Quote: Looking back (just p
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by nickbuol @ Today at 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnK Husky and Kitten . For those that are afraid to click links...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by JohnK @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Husky and Kitten .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayIt took 3 tries to get the log-in to work, but I persisted 'cause it's your birthday! Happy Birthday, Cam. Thanks, Bobby. Originally Posted By: BobKayFunny, I thought JohnK couldn't stand you! Edit: Sorry, that's not fa
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

I wanted the freedom to select my screen size once it had an image projected on it. This seemed the easiest way. Looking back (just posted this elsewhere here at axiom) this DIY screen stood out. Black spandex with white spandex over top. http://ww
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

There was a really nice looking spandex screen on AVS with white in front of black. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital...ml#post27315562 The image quality is pretty nice.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by BobKay @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

It took 3 tries to get the log-in to work, but I persisted 'cause it's your birthday! Happy Birthday, Cam. Funny, I thought JohnK couldn't stand you! Edit: Sorry, that's not fair. What I meant to say was, "I thought John K was one of the peopl
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

Thanks, fellas .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by pmbuko @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Happy Birthday, Cam(arones)!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by onn @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

A belated Happy Birthday Cam!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

Hmmm, just realized I'd have to figure out something for my center channel. Time for a ceiling mount VP180?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawMy 8' x 11' piece (on a roll) cost $349.25 with tax and duty... At that price, I can buy a 100" fixed frame and modify it slightly for my purposes.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawI think TV's still have their place, like a lit living room. Our 8000 is in a very dark cave (on eco), I don't need masking on my wall of screen. If I were continuing with every day casual use, I would probably go with a
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Perfectly dark room. Zero ambient! Thanks much.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Depends. I would think with the Epson, in a room with fully controlled lighting, I would go white. The high contrast gray absorbs more light, but gives the illusion of deeper blacks by, well, being gray in a room with ambient light vs. more reflect
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Ahhhh. Cat massage.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 02:45 PM

I just ordered the movie, "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" on blu-ray. LOL.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

Man you did catch me re-posting! I am just like "Vger". Learning all that is learnable. If I go with the non transparent screen do you recommend white or gray?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

A 65" screen puts me into the same price range as the Benq 1070 + a decent 90"-100" fixed frame screen. That's what got me thinking projector in the first place. [/quote] I think TV's still have their place, like a lit living room. O
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

My 8' x 11' piece (on a roll) cost $349.25 with tax and duty. Looking at my credit card statement online to confirm, I think I had series amazon issues back then...(I remember joking about only being aloud one item in transit at a time).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

I had an uncle that would occasionally push his false teeth out at me when I was real little. Left me scarred for life.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawAt 9' I'd find a nice 65" tv. The 8000 is nice and if you could you probably wouldn't regret it. A 65" screen puts me into the same price range as the Benq 1070 + a decent 90"-100" fixed frame screen.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

You are trying to be sneaky Aaron... Reposting the same post from yesterday... I'm on to you now. The Epson 5030 projector line is pretty good. That is easy. A working link for anyone looking at it is: Visual Apex Epson package Not sure that
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Yesterday at 07:07 AM

anyone want to talk projectors? I'm probably in the under $2000 budget range for the projector only but there are some packages out there I am considering. VisualApex.com has a package that looks initially. http://www.visualapex.com/projector-pack..
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 04:58 AM

I checked out Seymour. Trouble is, them being in the US and only shipping UPS and Fedex it will cost an arm and a leg in fees for anything they ship. There is a small Canadian company called Elunevision that is not that far from me, so they are pro
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.