Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Home Theater Jump to new posts
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) rrlev 05/08/24 02:18 PM
I also prefer virtual centers when you can get away with them. You really only need a center channel when you have seats outside of the sweet spot of your main speakers. It anchors the dialog to the screen for those seats. Unfortunately, it sometimes (often?) requires extra work after calibration to make it blend naturally ... at least this has been my experience (I've only used Audyssey XT 32 so far for auto cal)
9 456 Read More
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) chapin99 05/08/24 11:43 AM
Thanks! I have wondered about doing away with center channel for the same reasons. I appreciate the clarification.
9 456 Read More
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) MMM 05/07/24 10:28 PM
well actually i have QS8 for surrounds but I don't have front center. I prefer to do a virtual phantom center as i think it sounds much better. i just mentioned the LFR as i change the crossover points (or in this case made one) for running a sub for when I am in a HT mode. were I can just run the speakers full mode on my music listening mode
9 456 Read More
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) rrlev 05/05/24 09:00 AM
I should add that I’m not sure if this is only an eq adjustment or if it has some surround/speaker parameters associated with it. So it might not get you where you want to go. The post I was reading was suggesting it was the complete set but thinking about it …I’m kind of skeptical … if you look into it I’d like to know what you find out smile
9 456 Read More
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) rrlev 05/05/24 07:52 AM
Just read that with the Audyssey multiEQ-X app ….You can write what ever results you want over FLAT and REFERENCE options in your AVR. Requires a bit of sophistication but if true … it might get you what you’re looking for using your current setup. Note: I’d also suggest verifying that it works with your unit before purchasing it. Just a thought …
9 456 Read More

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,489
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,117 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup