AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (SirQuack), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405242 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11237
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Stevie #TBT by BBIBH @ 11/24/14 06:49 AM

I saw Stevie open for Joe Cocker in Hamilton Ontario about 2 weeks before he died. He was amazing, as was Joe.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Stevie #TBT by MarkSJohnson @ 11/23/14 06:44 PM

I saw SRV five times. Four were amazing; one was only pretty good because they were having issues with the sound system and I think SRV was pretty stoned.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by SirQuack @ 11/23/14 04:27 PM

Alan retired? I didn't know that either...but have been away recently.
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: HG Rosewoods Part 3 by CV @ 11/23/14 01:21 PM

Niiiiiiiiiice.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/23/14 12:27 PM

Details, details... Hate the details, can't let them go... I think I've figured out a projector mount solution that will work for me. I'm leaning towards a Peerless mount that will allow for fine control of pitch, roll and swivel adjustment. The
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: HG Rosewoods Part 3 by onn @ 11/23/14 12:26 PM

Just an update on my current set up (amps and OPPO) Fronts: LFR's V3 (can be classified as V4) Center: VP180 V4 Side surrounds A: - M80's V2 Side surrounds B: - QS8's V4 Rear surrounds: QS8's V4 Front Subwoofers: EP800's V4 Rear Subwoofer: EP500 V4
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ 11/23/14 12:25 PM

You might want to wait until you've projected an image before you install the mount. Keep in mind the height of the screen will be the limiting factor, if you don't want your center channel in the image.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by fredk @ 11/23/14 11:34 AM

$1,000 is a reasonable price given the processing power and form factor. That's why I wrote that we are about 2 processor generations away from really powerful, useful tablets. The current shiznitz of processors are built using a 22 nm process. 14
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by BBIBH @ 11/23/14 11:17 AM

I did an exhaustive study of tablets for a university I worked for. This was to determine the best device and if they are ready to replace laptops for daily use. What I found after months of requirements gathering, testing in a lab and real world fi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by michael_d @ 11/23/14 10:35 AM

Hummmm.... I did not realize there was such a size restriction. The Surface Pro 3's are pretty expensive when you start looking at the I5 processors and above. Like a grand and up apparently. And I only see one USB port, which is a deal breaker. I ne
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Stevie #TBT by jorge016 @ 11/23/14 07:16 AM

I saw Stevie Ray on that tour on Harriet Island, St. Paul, MN at the Riverfest Festival. He played early in the evening, opening act for the headliner Van Morrison. Ridiculously amazing shows put on by both SRV and Van the Man. After Van's show, T
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 11/22/14 10:47 PM

Mike, I suggest you look at some reviews for the Asus Transformer lineup. I don't have hands on experience, but the Transformer pads consistently get very positive reviews (from what I've seen).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by fredk @ 11/22/14 10:41 PM

You should probably look at an MS surface pro. Advantages: 1. serious processor (i5, i7) 2. 12" screen, that's about as big as you get on a tablet thingy 3. dual use with removable keyboard. In general, I don't think tablets have enough horsep
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This guy can drive..... by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 11/22/14 10:31 PM

What an excellent job by the LAPD. Ken Block needs to make one of these videos a day. It'll drastically reduce the number of shootings of unarmed black men. Originally Posted By: nickbuolI wonder how much they had to pay the LAPD and the city for
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by CV @ 11/22/14 09:54 PM

I wish I had some advice, but my experience has been pretty limited so far. I'm just hoping to hear from someone who has some hands-on with the Surface Pro 3. It looks pretty slick, but it would be hard for me to justify the price, since I still do m
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/22/14 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowComes in white. Built to length. Kina spendy. They claim 1080p over 120' no signal loss. Blue jeans cable BJC Belden Series-1 Bonded-Pair HDMI Cable I am looking into these for 2 runs downstairs. I need about
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Axiom subwoofer in active monitor setup by difeng @ 11/22/14 03:17 PM

I'm thinking about an Axiom subwoofer, but I'm not sure about how to make one work in my setup. My audio out is an Apogee Duet, and my speakers are active monitors Adam A7. The Duet is stereo out only, and the Adam monitors are audio in only. My gu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 11/22/14 03:08 PM

Comes in white. Built to length. Kina spendy. They claim 1080p over 120' no signal loss. Blue jeans cable BJC Belden Series-1 Bonded-Pair HDMI Cable I am looking into these for 2 runs downstairs. I need about 25' or so.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by fredk @ 11/22/14 03:06 PM

Spend that money on an EP800 instead. I can't believe you forgot to slip that in at the end of your post Michael.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This guy can drive..... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/22/14 02:36 PM

Incredible.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by MarkyM @ 11/22/14 02:24 PM

Thank you very much michael_d.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/22/14 02:21 PM

Michael, they have the 103 with and without Darbee, and the 105 with and without Darbee. The 105 is the "audiophile" model.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by michael_d @ 11/22/14 02:05 PM

When tablets came out, I didn't really get why people liked them. Never even entered my mind to get one... Then I started seeing some benefits. They appear to be pretty damn handy for travel, a quick internet search that does not involve squinting a
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by michael_d @ 11/22/14 01:47 PM

I moved from M60v3's to M80v4's. I also have some older M80TI's. The biggest difference I can tell between the v3 and v4 high frequency, is the v4's seem a bit smoother overall. It's not really fair comparing the mid range and lower, as the M80 doe
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by michael_d @ 11/22/14 01:38 PM

I have not been keeping up with the Oppo's. I have a 83 and a 93. I've been thinking about getting another one. Which model number is the preferred one with Darby?
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.