AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
3 registered (EricH, MarkSJohnson, Kevin1), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13304 Members
11 Forums
22841 Topics
403602 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17751
pmbuko 16267
SirQuack 13321
CV 11160
MarkSJohnson 10848
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The good stuff by MarkSJohnson @ 08/17/14 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawGot 30 minutes of MJ in 2.0 this morning. Good start to the day. My wife said the same exact thing!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The good stuff by brwsaw @ 08/17/14 01:18 PM

Heading to church for the 1st time(feels like) in months. Got 30 minutes of MJ in 2.0 this morning and a full hot breakfast. Good start to the day.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 V4 - amp is making a "click-click" noise by bridgman @ 08/17/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_dI like these new ep500s. The LFE hits you, verse a push. It is a very different type of LFE over the V2's they replaced. Didn't read this. Nope. La la la la !!! (added an EP500 v<not 4> last year)
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: VP160 V4 with M60 V2??? by bridgman @ 08/17/14 01:02 PM

Yeah, we're all thinking "why's Bray planning to buy such a small center speaker ?"
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 V4 - amp is making a "click-click" noise by michael_d @ 08/17/14 12:08 PM

The replacement amp arrived last week. Both subs are thumping along just fine now. No weird noises. I like these new ep500s. The LFE hits you, verse a push. It is a very different type of LFE over the V2's they replaced.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: VP160 V4 with M60 V2??? by SirQuack @ 08/17/14 09:00 AM

Hey Bray...I went from a 100 to to a 180, holly molly.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone home at Axiom? by Ian @ 08/17/14 08:28 AM

In northern Canada July and August are really our only break for the cold. Hence everyone wants their holidays to be in one of those months. It puts a real stain on resources for a few months but at least it is warm outside! The phone hours are s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone home at Axiom? by nickbuol @ 08/17/14 12:21 AM

According to LinkedIn, they have less than 50 employees (range was 11-50)... Not a "big" company to me, but I do understand where you are coming from. They should list hours somewhere (maybe they do) in which someone will answer the phone
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60's on a raised platform? by bridgman @ 08/16/14 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnKHeadroom is the power available above the typical 1 watt (not the maximum continuous rating) used at a comfortably loud level. That one sentence answers a lot of questions Thanks !
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: In ceiling m3 by JohnK @ 08/16/14 10:11 PM

Dan, welcome to Axiom. The Axiom tweeter which is in the M3, including the ceiling version, is noted for its wide and smooth treble dispersion. The published graphs don't specifically illustrate this, although it's implied from the wide "listeni
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: VP160 V4 with M60 V2??? by JohnK @ 08/16/14 10:01 PM

Brady, good to hear from you again. The VP160 should be an entirely positive experience compared to the VP100.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60's on a raised platform? by JohnK @ 08/16/14 09:57 PM

John, yes that is pretty much my view of the matter after studying over the years the significance(or non)of more complex factors. Headroom is the power available above the typical 1 watt(not the maximum continuous rating)used at a comfortably loud l
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: VP160 V4 with M60 V2??? by MarkSJohnson @ 08/16/14 06:46 PM

Hey Bray! No problem, go for it!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts When did power line networking get so good ? by bridgman @ 08/16/14 05:12 PM

And why wasn't I told ? This is kind of a rhetorical question - I looked up the history and the answer seems to be "in the last 10 years" - but I just picked up a couple of TP-Link AV500 adapters and am very pleasantly surprised how well t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Router speed issues by CV @ 08/16/14 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanI would have to cut down so many trees to get line of sight to the satellite that anyone familiar with the Tunguska event would feel right at home. RASL, which I'm still trying to get at least one other person to read,
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: VP160 V4 with M60 V2??? by bridgman @ 08/16/14 05:03 PM

AFAIK there should be no problem. The difference between V2 and V4 should be subtle improvements, not "a different sound". There might be slight efficiency differences from the different crossovers so you might need to tweek the center ch
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Router speed issues by bridgman @ 08/16/14 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleJohn, are you on satellite? No such luck -- I would have to cut down so many trees to get line of sight to the satellite that anyone familiar with the Tunguska event would feel right at home. I have not yet been able
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Router speed issues by tomtuttle @ 08/16/14 04:01 PM

John, are you on satellite?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts VP160 V4 with M60 V2??? by bray @ 08/16/14 03:47 PM

Opinions?? Upgrading to VP160 V4 from my VP100 V2 in a large room with M60 V2 QS8 V2. Is the V4 vs V2 anything to worry about? BTW...... Hello Axiom forum peeps. Good to see some of you guys still holding down the fort.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone home at Axiom? by rprice54 @ 08/16/14 03:04 PM

It's certainly something that can wait. I'm all for folks taking a break. Just figured a big international speaker company would have folks on the phone on Saturday. No worries. I'll call back Monday.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone home at Axiom? by bridgman @ 08/16/14 02:55 PM

My recollection is that their office hours were shorter in the summer, given that Axiom is in the heart of what we call "cottage country". I suspect most orders come in via the web these days anyways, probably >95% but I don't know for s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone home at Axiom? by rprice54 @ 08/16/14 02:48 PM

No one to take orders on the weekend?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Rock_Head @ 08/16/14 02:12 PM

Went to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers this past Thursday evening. Amazing show all around. Get there early as Steve Winwood is supporting Tom on this tour.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60's on a raised platform? by bridgman @ 08/16/14 01:27 PM

Thanks JohnK. I think you're saying that the only really useful measurement of "what an amp can do for you" is a distortion vs power graph - am I understanding you correctly ? I guess what I'm wondering about is that even such a graph cou
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone home at Axiom? by SirQuack @ 08/16/14 11:54 AM

E-mail Customer Support advice@axiomaudio.com Service service@axiomaudio.com Sales sales@axiomaudio.com Web site related webmaster@axiomaudio.com Phone Our office hours are 9:30am - 6:00pm Mon-Fri, EST. Toll Free (North America) 1-866-244-8
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.