AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (MarkSJohnson), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22902 Topics
404780 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17783
pmbuko 16282
SirQuack 13337
CV 11212
MarkSJohnson 10911
Meanwhile On Facebook

Ian and Andrew join in the debate about whether or not people want uncompressed...

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 10/27/14 02:44 PM

My room isn't exactly square. At the largest lenth and width it is 18x18 but the entry of the room is bumped in about 4 feet on one side of the room making that side of the room 18x14. I am not sure how to get a picture of the room posted here. I
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 10/27/14 02:28 PM

Also I am looking for seating. Trying stay inexpensive as well of course. My hopes are to find reclining love seats or couches but with cup holders. Most of the seats I am seeing all have dividers in them. I have a lot of couples over the house a
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 10/27/14 02:27 PM

Thanks for all that sound insulation advice. Lots to take in and I am trying to stay inexpensive so I will do my best with it all. Sorry my facebook privacy settings don't allow the pics to show. Not going to change those settings though. Is th
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CatBrat @ 10/27/14 02:09 PM

As a suggestion, could you use a portable air conditioner in that room? Provided you could vent it properly. What are you using for projector and is there any lens in front of it?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New B-stock Store by CatBrat @ 10/27/14 01:58 PM

Mix some red wine in scrambled eggs and you get green eggs. Your welcome.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New B-stock Store by exlabdriver @ 10/27/14 01:14 PM

newf: Just trying to be helpful with some suggestions. I thought that the Eggshell White might work in your room as it is rare that there are so many speakers of the same colour in there & you easily could build a matching set of V4s. Note how m
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ 10/27/14 12:51 PM

I've looked a little further into projectors and found a few things. There is not much available at the brick and mortar level. I had hoped to be able to see one of the low end projectors to see what I would be getting in the way of image quality.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ 10/27/14 11:19 AM

Well, I've found a way of positioning my M80s that provides an entirely new perspective on their sound! By moving my speakers closer together and then slightly toeing them out (rather than in, toward the listening position), I get more reflected sou
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Another argument.... by pmbuko @ 10/27/14 10:47 AM

I will only offer organic sex from now on.
The Water Cooler
I think this has to go down as one of the top 5 most embarrassing things that could ever happen to you and be caught on video. Road Rage doesn't pay.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 10/27/14 10:14 AM

Correction. An average human sitting idle gives off about 440 BTU at about 125 watts of power an hour. My odd number above (3500 BTU) was when I was factoring out 8 people sitting in my theater for an hour and I forgot to divide by 8 again.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by JohnK @ 10/26/14 10:50 PM

No, all amplifiers don't "sound the same"; all competently designed amplifiers operated within their designed power limits have no "sound".
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 10/26/14 09:40 PM

bridgeman, the furnace in our house isn't a "high efficiency" one, so it needs a supply from outside already for fresh air. I doubled up the screen on the outside vent, and put a doubled up screen where it comes to the inside as well. I w
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ 10/26/14 08:27 PM

Its a slippery slope. I just like all my pretty blue lights My hearing is ruined so I just stay out of that conversation. I can still enjoy music , but I doubt it sounds as good to others as I think it does .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by MarkSJohnson @ 10/26/14 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Socketmanthere are plenty of people over at AVS who would love to argue that matter until the cows come home. Here too.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ 10/26/14 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BBIBHBut....don't all amps sound the same? I did not say it sounded better or worse than anything else ,just that it sounded fantastic. I didn't do an A/B comparison since I am too lazy and would probably do it wrong any way .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by BBIBH @ 10/26/14 07:00 PM

But....don't all amps sound the same?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P Jack Bruce by Socketman @ 10/26/14 04:17 PM

The legends are slowly fading away, and all we will have left is vanilla ice. RIP Jack
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ 10/26/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: a401classicI've been waiting for that unit to come out. It's been in limbo for a long time. I need to see if I can get the 40% off for repeat customers. I really was not sure if I was going to get the XMC-1 or not but I was
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 10/26/14 07:55 AM

I hate it when that happens. Sounds like a great plan, Nick. I read through your other thread and others. Mini-splits are popular, but come on! Spending upwards of 1-2 thousand for a single rooms HVAC? Better planning could have saved those blo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by a401classic @ 10/26/14 06:19 AM

I've been waiting for that unit to come out. It's been in limbo for a long time. I need to see if I can get the 40% off for repeat customers.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ 10/25/14 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolI then will need to be able to set up a powered fan setup to pull air from outside in the winter. That would give me my source of cool air for those months and I would just close the HVAC vents and put small covers over
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 10/25/14 10:46 PM

Crappity crap crap crap.,.. I had a long post and accidentally closed the tab in Firefox and lost it. Ugh. Soundproofing... I spent probably no more than $600 more for extra studs, drywall, clips, hat channel, insulation, green glue, and the custo
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 10/25/14 09:55 PM

Found this that may be of some interest. http://www.stcratings.com/assemblies.html I am guessing my wall plan of 5/8 on channel with an insulated staggered stud wall will net me an STC at or near 50db. I think the weak link in my dividing wall wil
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P Jack Bruce by BobKay @ 10/25/14 05:58 PM

I know, but, I find, that it's the 2nd one I've posted in a week!
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.