AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (bridgman, dakkon), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13314 Members
11 Forums
22868 Topics
404105 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17765
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13331
CV 11183
MarkSJohnson 10868
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Mr. Bear will be celebrating a birthday.... by MarkSJohnson @ 09/11/14 07:29 AM

....for his dad. Happy birthday, Craig!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 by EastCoast @ 09/11/14 07:18 AM

Thanks to both. As (bad) luck would have it, I remeasured the hole the center must fit and the VP180 is faaaar too wide to fit in this space anyway. The VP150 is the biggest model that I can actually fit in the space. Certainly not the end of the
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by CV @ 09/11/14 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleSo, I guess the key question for me is, literally, how do you work this thing? I get the part about flinging stuff from my mobile device to the speakers - that part makes sense. What I'm having a hard time understandi
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP350v2 versus EP350v3 specs by bridgman @ 09/10/14 10:22 PM

Makes sense... between this afternoon and now it's already sold
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP350v2 versus EP350v3 specs by Ken.C @ 09/10/14 09:55 PM

That's definitely a v3.
Cinéma-Maison
Jump to new posts Re: Nouveau cinéma maison - quelques questions by xDRAN0x @ 09/10/14 08:39 PM

J'avais complètement oublié ce message... Achat: 2x M22v3 1x VP150v3 2x QS4x3 1x EP350v3 Je suis extrêmement satisfait de mon achat, a part du fait que quelque semaines après mon achat les v4 sont sortis!! :@ Le son est excellent et je crois que m
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by tomtuttle @ 09/10/14 07:27 PM

Andrew, I think you've stunned everyone into silence. I'm with Charles, "ambitious" is what came to mind. Y'all are nerds. I think that (unlike Ray), I may have reached the point in my life where technology has become sufficiently difficult to k
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Making the most of what life throws at you by Serenity_Now @ 09/10/14 05:33 PM

Hell is a better handle than serenity I suppose. You are such a stickler for historical record... Next time I make a new user id, I'll juice it up fer ya. I should have came back as another alaskanavguy! The greatest!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Making the most of what life throws at you by Hellcommute @ 09/10/14 05:23 PM

You rang?
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 by Debbie @ 09/10/14 04:40 PM

Hi EastCoast, The VP180 measures 7.25" in the back. Hopefully that will work for you because it is an amazing center channel. I wouldn't give mine up for anything.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Making the most of what life throws at you by BobKay @ 09/10/14 04:24 PM

Boy, I just proofed that and it's awful... re: What life throws at you: How many think there will be Scottish cessation from the UK? Remember, you heard it here first. If Scotland does succeed, AND gets the lion's share of $$, the nuclear weapons b
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Need advise on how/where to sell speakers by ereed @ 09/10/14 03:50 PM

Well, just cause you sold your axioms doesn't mean you're banned from axiom forums.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 by alan @ 09/10/14 03:16 PM

Hi EastCoast, Yes, the 9.25-inch height is the tallest point, at the front baffle. Try calling the Axiom toll-free number or email brent@axiomaudio.com . He will know the height at the rear of the VP-180. One of the last double-blind listening tests
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by CV @ 09/10/14 02:36 PM

I don't have any valuable feedback at the moment, but I'll just say, wow, that's ambitious, and I could certainly see taking advantage of this platform.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Actual measurements of a VP180 by EastCoast @ 09/10/14 02:35 PM

Maybe not a technical question as such... The specs of the VP180 indicate the height is 9.25", which is too tall to fit within the spot in my cabinet where it would need to fit. But, given that one side is sloped, I'm wondering if this 9.25&qu
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Making the most of what life throws at you by BobKay @ 09/10/14 12:10 PM

HA! Shaving with and angle grinder! It was so obvious, but unseen. Brilliant! Trevor: Though I thoroughly understand the change in your screen name, I have a couple of thoughts. First, had you been around here long enough, you would have taken FULL
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ 09/10/14 12:07 PM

And just as an aside, I recently tried my Axiom M80s with a variety of preamps and power amps including: Audio Research LS2B MKII tube/FET preamp Musical Fidelity X-Cans 3 tube headphone/pre amp Yaqin SD-CD3 tube buffer and Audio Research D90 tub
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP350v2 versus EP350v3 specs by bridgman @ 09/10/14 11:35 AM

V2 or V3 ? There's a sub described as v2 in the refurb store but AFAIK it looks like a v3 to me. If it is a v3 seems like a great deal... http://www.axiomaudio.com/erp/refurb-store?page=4
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Making the most of what life throws at you by Serenity_Now @ 09/10/14 11:24 AM

Sounds cool. How about gahan sometime? Unless you are an Axe murderer of course.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by Andrew @ 09/10/14 11:18 AM

AxiomPlay Wireless Platform We are finally far enough along with our hardware and firmware prototyping to begin outlining and discussing our new AxiomPlay wireless platform. The term platform is important as our plan is to employ this new tech
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by medic8r @ 09/10/14 10:50 AM

Yes, but the product seems effective. I mean, look how happy the cats are at the end. You can't even tell they've got the tampons in.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by Murph @ 09/10/14 07:55 AM

That's pretty horrible. In oh so many ways.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Making the most of what life throws at you by Murph @ 09/10/14 07:52 AM

Serenity, It was Great George St. I might have walked down Victoria Row to get to it that day. Not sure. I try to keep my lunch time walks random. You know... Throw off the snipers. I live in the country but I'm in town every day for work. If y
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Getting a new amp solution for my LFR1100's by tomtuttle @ 09/10/14 12:26 AM

That would be HUGE for me. I regularly use zone 2 and am often frustrated by the necessity of having an analog signal.
Home Theater
Mark, re-wiring wouldn't be needed because the drivers in the QSs operate in-phase and don't make use of phase effects to accomplish their wide dispersion. Disconnecting some of the drivers to leave just one tweeter and one mid-woofer would appear
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.