AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13348 Members
11 Forums
22993 Topics
406644 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17816
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11313
MarkSJohnson 11004
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Trade-up Made Easier by Ian @ 01/21/15 03:51 PM

For instances where the trade is outside the normal higher version of the same model, higher model, or both we do end up discussing here if it makes sense for us or not. We are going to add the following paragraph to the Trade-up page to make this c
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Latest on the EP400 updates? by Ian @ 01/21/15 03:01 PM

The plan for the EP400 is to change the shape from rectangular to the same look as the rest of our speakers. Beyond this we are going to have the current standalone version plus a paired version. The paired version would have an extra amp channel i
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Trade-up Made Easier by minorc @ 01/21/15 02:29 PM

Trade in system is BS. After being invoiced, paying the difference and packaging up your trade for shipping. Have to call them a few days later only to be told they don't want to do the deal and I'm out of luck.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Latest on the EP400 updates? by rockhound76s @ 01/21/15 02:23 PM

Bumping an older thread, sorry. Earlier in this thread there was some discussion of scheduled updates to the EP400 later in 2014. Did that occur, or on track, or mothballed? (I've been wanting to trade my EP500 v3 towards two EP400, but would want
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by Serenity_Now @ 01/21/15 01:00 PM

I would tend to agree with Matt about the state of amp channels in mass market current AVRs- notably the pioneer elites (used to own a 9130thx and just demoed an SC-85.) I think the power ratings increasing year after year and weight decresing year
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by chesseroo @ 01/21/15 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyDHi I own the M80v3 and the HK 3490 Honestly, look at another two channel amp. Not really overly impressed. Think it maybe closer to 80w per channel. not much volumn at all, if I need to play a bit loud occassionally I am at
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by chesseroo @ 01/21/15 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattThe sad part today is 50W does not equal 50W. Hard to conclude such a thing when this statement is limited to one metric of these amps. Likely the issue between these amps is that one has much less capacitance than
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by Serenity_Now @ 01/21/15 12:41 PM

Ok, I get the gator pit reference now. Unique choice Looks great! Gotta love T-Bar ceilings for pulling and hiding cables.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Serious for a change by brwsaw @ 01/21/15 12:39 PM

It was an interesting read. I really liked the way he wrote and that he inserted third party letters throughout the book. I hate to spoil it but the letters from "C" took me off guard at first, then it started to feel real. Thanks for sugg
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by TroyD @ 01/21/15 11:58 AM

Hi I own the M80v3 and the HK 3490 Honestly, look at another two channel amp. Not really overly impressed. Think it maybe closer to 80w per channel. not much volumn at all, if I need to play a bit loud occassionally I am at +10db of a possible +15 Wh
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 01/21/15 05:33 AM

I think it's looking great! And if you end up not liking where one of the speakers is positioned, you can green-screen it out.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by fredk @ 01/21/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: CVOriginally Posted By: brwsawNice Thank you. It's not as nice as it should be after so many years, but maybe I'll marry an interior designer, and she'll be all about improving the space. Good plan. Make sure she's OK with a
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 01/21/15 02:08 AM

I watched my copy of Gone Girl tonight, and it looks and sounds great.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/21/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawNice Thank you. It's not as nice as it should be after so many years, but maybe I'll marry an interior designer, and she'll be all about improving the space.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 01/20/15 11:59 PM

Nice
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/20/15 11:04 PM

It's going to look weird for a while as I get more speaker wire and figure out the best way to run the subwoofer cables and wire to the rear surrounds, but at least it's functional, and you can see the basic layout: Yes, I decided to put one of th
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/20/15 05:11 PM

Soundproof french doors on horizon. Ordered glass today...... This should be interesting. I cant wait till down the road when I say "they only work when they're closed." Will improve backer boxes and post up new graphs in the next cou
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 01/20/15 11:56 AM

Works
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/20/15 11:14 AM

You don't happen to have green glue to put between the box and the extra layer? It would help a little better than the silicone , but for the back of a set of speaker boxes, I don't know if there is THAT much benefit to worry about it if you don't h
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/20/15 08:43 AM

Well, given that I respect your opinion and research so much FINE we'll do it your way! ::stomps away like a toddler:: I think what I'll do is remove the boxes and add a layer of MDF to the back with GE Silicone II sandwiched between. This shoul
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 01/20/15 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: CVMisaeng It's another Korean drama that my sister recommended. It's good so far. The main guy has a really good face, as do some of the supporting actors. I'm curious to see where the story goes. It's still really good. I usu
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/20/15 02:08 AM

The message board isn't liking the generated code, and my brain is too tired to make sense of why, so here is a link to the image of the QS8 mounted to the weighted box. http://imgur.com/infdY3u
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Boxes behind the screen by brwsaw @ 01/20/15 12:46 AM

I think I might just try it, if only to clean out from below the stairs. Pictures?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by fredk @ 01/19/15 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: CVOriginally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonI thought you promised Chris and I that the listening area would be square? I should probably buy some partitions to square it up whenever you guys visit so you aren't disoriented. Nah, lea
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Boxes behind the screen by fredk @ 01/19/15 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsaw... My mains are behind the screen, not sure where else I'd put them.... There is 4' behind the screen now. The only silly question is the one not asked. I assumed the speakers were back there, but you know what they s
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.