Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
1 registered (tomtuttle), 128 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12801 Members
11 Forums
22692 Topics
400663 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17698
pmbuko 16227
SirQuack 13311
CV 11066
MarkSJohnson 10694
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Emotiva XPA-3 with M22's by AdrianD @ 04/19/14 09:00 AM

You'll be happy with your amp; looks like a great setup to me.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by AdrianD @ 04/19/14 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Ian“The Axiom Forum is intended to be a fun place to discuss our fun hobby. Posters intent on being argumentative may be banned at the sole discretion of the moderators.” To clarify (from Merriam-Webster): "Relating to or causi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by fredk @ 04/19/14 08:51 AM

Ignore that other fake thread. This is the real Happy Birthday Mahk (whenever you feel like it)thread.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual/triple SUb Choice by Adrian @ 04/19/14 08:51 AM

Charles, your FIRST instinct would be at least 4 EP800's.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by onn @ 04/19/14 08:36 AM

Happy Birthday Mark!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by AdrianD @ 04/19/14 08:35 AM

I haven't been here in a while and seeing this thread is for sure a big surprise to me; I LOVE seeing new products coming out but in all honesty I don't like where this seems to be going. I used to see Axiom speakers in a category of their own; to my
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's Genuwine Birthday by Adrian @ 04/19/14 08:25 AM

Happy Bawthday, Mahk!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's Genuwine Birthday by Ajax @ 04/19/14 07:24 AM

4/19/63?????? I was about to graduate from high school. Sheeesh! All my best on this special day, Mark.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by aquashankar @ 04/19/14 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: fredk Indeed. Its fun to see all the things that Axiom is up to, but all I need to do is put on some of my favourite tunes and maybe a rumbly movie to remind me that I got exceptional value for my money. So true. I played
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by aquashankar @ 04/19/14 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverThankfully I'm too old to have joined the 'social media' thing; however, since I updated all of my Axiom sound systems starting in 2010, I began hanging out here with all of the fine folks who provide so much good nat
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's Genuwine Birthday by tomtuttle @ 04/19/14 02:15 AM

I prefer the other thread, but might as well get this over with. Cheers, Mark!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's Genuwine Birthday by CV @ 04/19/14 12:40 AM

Happy Record Store Day 2014, Mark!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual/triple SUb Choice by CV @ 04/19/14 12:38 AM

Like JohnK, my first instinct would be two EP800s. Lowest bass coupled with decent smoothing.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's Genuwine Birthday by Ken.C @ 04/19/14 12:16 AM

Happy birthday, Mark, from me and super creepy John!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Mark's Genuwine Birthday by JohnK @ 04/19/14 12:12 AM

Although, because of their unlimited regard for him, Bob and others have been celebrating Mark's birthday practically continuously, my confidential sources reveal that little Mark Johnson in fact emerged into the world on 4/19/63. Happy Birthday, Mar
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual/triple SUb Choice by exlabdriver @ 04/18/14 11:18 PM

Sorry I can't help with value as value is wholly in the eye of the beholder. I get chastised all the time on other sites for owning 2 X EP400s where all the cheap bastards out there argue that there are much better values. I purchased one EP400 &am
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual/triple SUb Choice by tomtuttle @ 04/18/14 10:53 PM

I'd start with 2 EP500s and see how you like it.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dumb question on binding posts by Boomzilla @ 04/18/14 10:26 PM

The undiscussed variable here is the wire termination itself. If it's soldered, it likely has up to 10x the resistance of bare wire. The only terminations I've found that didn't add resistance are the welded ones of BlueJeans Cable.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual/triple SUb Choice by JohnK @ 04/18/14 10:09 PM

Troy, of the specific choices you list, and if you're willing to go with a $5,000 budget, I'd choose the two EP800s. However, I'd add another suggestion for that budget area: four EP500s, in a four corner arrangement.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver - Which One - Budget in Mind. by tomtuttle @ 04/18/14 07:49 PM

Jason, it's great to see you posting again. Is there any good research (or even informed opinions) about the quality of the room correction, EQ, dynamic volume, etc. between Audyssey, YPAO and MCACC? I just don't have the gumption to go to AVS at t
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by troyd @ 04/18/14 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleI'm pretty sure their materials cost for the laminated MDF is a bit more than that. Plus, shipping. Still, I would think that there would have to be a different driver or amp to justify that much increase in price.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver - Which One - Budget in Mind. by jakewash @ 04/18/14 07:21 PM

I am not saying don't buy an Onkyo, they are good avr's, just realize there may be some issues down the road and possibly sooner than you may like. When working they are very good. I own a Denon 3808 and have grown disenchanted with Denon's latest m
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Dual/triple SUb Choice by troyd @ 04/18/14 07:08 PM

Ok, love to hear from Andrew or Ian on this, however there are quite a few very knowledgeable forum users too. The room is 11.5 x 18.5 x 7.5 My M80 ar spaced 1'6" from the sides 9" from the front wall and 8.5' apart. I sit 10ft away dead
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by Ajax @ 04/18/14 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: pmbukoJack, your demographic, and your general nature, puts you in a unique place to exploit any and every opportunity to compliment a woman without consequence -- and perhaps with benefit. Hadn't thought about it that way
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by brwsaw @ 04/18/14 03:59 PM

Something about it makes me think if Bob... Ha!
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.