AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (bridgman), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13303 Members
11 Forums
22841 Topics
403596 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17751
pmbuko 16267
SirQuack 13321
CV 11160
MarkSJohnson 10848
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the Nick of time! by nickbuol @ 56 minutes 21 seconds ago

Thanks Cam!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Oppo Region mod options? by J. B. @ Today at 05:33 PM

to me, having a region free DVD/Blu-ray player means that many doors are opened to satisfy my hunger for movies that i could never get otherwise as they're not distributed in N.A. one film i remember getting from Korea; it wasn't available anywhere
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by bridgman @ Today at 01:47 PM

I wonder if you could set up some kind of noise cancellation thing, where a modified version of the signal from the *LFR1100* side of the wall is fed into the TV sound system and the Energy speakers to reduce the stray noise your wife hears on the *T
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: pmbukoHere's one for the LSD fans. (Lake Street Dive, y'all...). Up close and personal, single-take video of Rachael Price singing "What I'm Doing Here" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUeothSPyc Amazing. Nice one
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by bridgman @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

"In My Head" from No Doubt's Rock Steady album is referred to as "The Sibilance Song" around here, although I guess strictly speaking there are more fff sounds than sss sounds. When I read the HTS review my first thought from looking at distance &
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Anyone going to CEDIA 2014? by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

I am going for 1 day (Thursday, September 11) this year since I am already going to be in Denver. I have never been to it before, but got a coupon code for free admission (saved $60 right there), and since the dates lined up, I am in. Bryston will
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: JBL 4311,4312,L100,etc. by Scottinwa @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Example: this is the crossover from the l100t. Note the small value mylar bypass caps. Swapping all the caps out for metal poly will REALLY wake these speakers up. http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7259/n100t.jpg Sibilance has nothing to do w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: ported EP500 to a sealed sub.? by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

Glad to see that you are liking it. Recently moved from an EP350 v3 to an EP500 v4 and I am very pleased with the results. For me it was a good upgrade. Anyone with an older EP350 or under, I would highly recommend that you went through the trade-up
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by Listener @ 08/19/14 09:47 PM

Chirp Chirp...
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: M100 v4 NEW purchase. by Scottinwa @ 08/19/14 02:01 PM

I want to thank (or blame) BapchaMan for convincing me to go with the m100's instead of the m80v4 HP. The kind of reviews that sell me are those that: 1) use separate components in a 2 channel system 2) give direct comparisons to known speakers.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by Murph @ 08/19/14 07:53 AM

Nice looking setup. Glad to hear the speakers themselves were undamaged.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by Murph @ 08/19/14 07:26 AM

Great! Now I'm going to have the Blues Brothers in my head all day. I'm a pole man, DAda da, da DADA da da
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M80HP by bridgman @ 08/18/14 09:55 PM

Looks great. Sounds like the system is really coming together. Until I saw that pic I had forgotten how deep M80s are.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The good stuff by Socketman @ 08/18/14 04:57 PM

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I admit it went over my head initially. But I have read enough of your posts here to know there had to be more to it. Good one btw.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone home at Axiom? by rprice54 @ 08/18/14 12:21 PM

I can honestly appreciate a company taking care of its employees. I was surprised about no weekend coverage but It makes sense. Got a hold of Debbie today and all is in order. Speakers for theater 2.0 are all figured out. Now on to picking a receiv
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Wall brackets for QS4 V2 by Thyname11 @ 08/18/14 06:26 AM

It has been a while since I bought these, did not remember they came with the brackets. Hopefully I have saved them somewhere. John: I am shocked you remember me!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 V4 - amp is making a "click-click" noise by bridgman @ 08/17/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_dI like these new ep500s. The LFE hits you, verse a push. It is a very different type of LFE over the V2's they replaced. Didn't read this. Nope. La la la la !!! (added an EP500 v<not 4> last year)
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: VP160 V4 with M60 V2??? by bridgman @ 08/17/14 01:02 PM

Yeah, we're all thinking "why's Bray planning to buy such a small center speaker ?"
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60's on a raised platform? by bridgman @ 08/16/14 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnKHeadroom is the power available above the typical 1 watt (not the maximum continuous rating) used at a comfortably loud level. That one sentence answers a lot of questions Thanks !
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: In ceiling m3 by JohnK @ 08/16/14 10:11 PM

Dan, welcome to Axiom. The Axiom tweeter which is in the M3, including the ceiling version, is noted for its wide and smooth treble dispersion. The published graphs don't specifically illustrate this, although it's implied from the wide "listeni
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts When did power line networking get so good ? by bridgman @ 08/16/14 05:12 PM

And why wasn't I told ? This is kind of a rhetorical question - I looked up the history and the answer seems to be "in the last 10 years" - but I just picked up a couple of TP-Link AV500 adapters and am very pleasantly surprised how well t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Router speed issues by CV @ 08/16/14 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanI would have to cut down so many trees to get line of sight to the satellite that anyone familiar with the Tunguska event would feel right at home. RASL, which I'm still trying to get at least one other person to read,
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Rock_Head @ 08/16/14 02:12 PM

Went to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers this past Thursday evening. Amazing show all around. Get there early as Steve Winwood is supporting Tom on this tour.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Amplifiers: The Next Generation by bridgman @ 08/15/14 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: jmoneI'm still thinking on how to drive all my speakers.... One question on the Axiom Amp is why the toroidal PS over Switch Mode PS? This might sound like a trite answer but it's not intended that way... since AFAIK typical p

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.