AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
1 registered (MarkSJohnson), 53 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13348 Members
11 Forums
22992 Topics
406625 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17816
pmbuko 16305
SirQuack 13351
CV 11311
MarkSJohnson 11002
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ Today at 07:08 AM

Keep it. Don't cave. Looks good. Thanks for the pictures.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by spiffnme @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Hoping phase one of converting our garage may begin soon. Been clearing it out and prepping walls for insulation/drywall. We want to move our computers our there and use the 2nd bedroom as an actual second bedroom. Glad to finally be doing this,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by Lampshade @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV-SZQcS23Q Here is the other end of the spectrum from the techie Cesium super atomic clock from CV's post. This one only costs $495,000. (I don't think it is quartz) but if I had that kind of money to spend on a wat
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

I wonder what the foam roll material would do on a wall or hung from the ceiling.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts (resolved) Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by Adelin @ Yesterday at 04:39 AM

Hello, Yes i'm still trying to feed two M 80v3 with any system available. looking for informations everywhere. It took time for me but i realized: Integrated amplifier is the simple way. hifi preamp + pro/hifi power amp come second. Features ireq
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Latest on the EP400 updates? by CV @ Yesterday at 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattWhat do you mean by rest of our speakers? are you talking about subs or speakers like the M80? I am wondering if you could give us an idea as to what dimensions you are envisioning and if they will still give that
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/23/15 09:03 PM

Thats a big 10-4. Pics add "dont suck" to otherwise mundane topics. VERY glad to have you on board for this whole fiasco I call an HT build. All others welcome aboard!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: M600 v2 will not power on, what are my options by SirQuack @ 01/22/15 07:51 PM

Axiom does not have many of the older parts available anymore or the older amps. My 600v2 amp went bad about a year ago, and they worked out a good deal for me on a newer replacement amp. I sent mine in for repair and unfortunately they were unable
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Subwoofers: Survey and Next Generation by butcherbme @ 01/22/15 07:17 PM

I tried an EP 500, my room is large and open to other rooms so it wasn't able to fill the space I had and I didn't want to have two of them so I got the JL audio f113. It does a very nice job for movies and with music.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Trade-up Made Easier by BBIBH @ 01/22/15 05:21 PM

Great Chris, I would not have imagined Axiom being any less supportive.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: OTA box for projector? by Ascension @ 01/22/15 01:52 PM

It might have an audio out, but I have my sources going through my receiver then to the projector. Unfortunately I don't have a PC hooked up to it so my options are pretty limited. I'll take a look at that Channelmaster. It looks interesting to me.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Serious for a change by brwsaw @ 01/21/15 12:39 PM

It was an interesting read. I really liked the way he wrote and that he inserted third party letters throughout the book. I hate to spoil it but the letters from "C" took me off guard at first, then it started to feel real. Thanks for sugg
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 01/21/15 02:08 AM

I watched my copy of Gone Girl tonight, and it looks and sounds great.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Boxes behind the screen by brwsaw @ 01/20/15 12:46 AM

I think I might just try it, if only to clean out from below the stairs. Pictures?
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: STC ratings for wall designs (NRC 1995) by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 10:57 PM

Thank the NRC for doing such extensive research. The work is a bit old now, but the materials they tested likely wouldn't have changed dramatically.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Can my Axiom speakers handle this amplifier? by SirQuack @ 01/19/15 08:13 PM

I will say that 7700 is dang heavy.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Center channel or surrounds by newf @ 01/19/15 08:03 PM

Personally, I think you lucked out. I'd keep the m22's. When I look at your setup I can not help but giggle a little. My woman always had a thing with putting TVs in the corner - and I hate it. She gets it from her mother of course, who always had
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John vs Queen: by Adrian @ 01/19/15 07:36 PM

Both are great albums, imo, YBR is more timeless though.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by Adrian @ 01/19/15 07:34 PM

Hope you guys had a great day!!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 rattling by SirQuack @ 01/19/15 06:33 PM

mine from many years ago did the same thing, at certain frequencies and during explosions. Ended up being air escaping around the amp plate. Snugged up the bolts and all gone. It can also be a wire rattling internally. Try removing the driver and
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Furnace Failure - Arrrgh by exlabdriver @ 01/19/15 02:18 PM

A friend's son just bought a brand new Nissan truck - battery died in 2 months. At least I've gotten 3 months so far. Voltage this morning is 12.44V. The drop seems to have stopped for the moment... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 01/19/15 01:52 PM

OK, I've had enough of painting. It took quite a few coats by hand to blend in the patches. Even then, one shows if you look carefully from less than 2 feet (and you know where to look). I had a moment of total frustration last night as there was
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 01/19/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonSpeaking of voices not "matching" the visuals, I want to order a CD of these guys. Van Morrison meets Marvin Gaye? Pretty damned good!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Full Metal Bracket with M22/VP150? by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 12:10 PM

Aside from the aforementioned opinions on the mount, i fail to see why ANY mount wouldn't have at least 2 points of contact for mounting. This greatly decreases the risk of a failure of a single point causing so much damage. A decent non-shearing sc
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: FWIW by brwsaw @ 01/19/15 11:45 AM

CGC R2315. Pretty basic acoustic tile. Nice weight and thickness to them. And they're fire rated.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.