AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (Ken.C, mapatton), 65 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404260 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11195
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by Murph @ 35 minutes 20 seconds ago

Oh no. Does this mean a return of the Medusa Hand Bag? The Humanity!!!! Since i'm going to go on the well deserved assumption that this will sound good, the feature set sounds like exactly what I'm looking for Andrew. I'm looking forward to to it
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: On-wall speakers for large room by JohnK @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

My view is that the M22s handle vocals a bit better than even the M3s, because they have a more linear response in the mid/upper bass region which is important in voice reproduction. You still haven't commented about how you'd plan to make use of f
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooI've used both but unfortunately my experience only extends to "outdoor" poly (both oil and water based). Both left that amber hue (which i didn't want) on cedar. I understand that this comes from the UV prote
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by BobKay @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Murph Celtic rock band I'm not entirely sure, but I'll bet that's an oxymoron. If anyone says U2 or Delamitri, I will come to your house and empty all of your cereal boxes out onto your shag carpet. No! In between your sheets!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surrounds for Dolby Atmos- QS8's or direct firing? by rprice54 @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

I'm almost wondering if I don't get the in ceiling M3s all around now for surrounds as well as opposed to the in wall M3s. Having all speakers the same couldn't hurt. I'm hoping to A/B compare my outdoor M3s to my ceiling M3s this week. Best comparis
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by brwsaw @ 09/21/14 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolFYI. General statement but, "Atmos Enabled" speakers are actually manufactured to meet a higher set of specifications specifically for Dolby Atmos than regular speakers mounted in/on your ceiling. Not that yo
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ 09/21/14 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowI could probably move the ceiling cloud back as far as I like. There will be no direct overhead lighting to compete with for space/shadows. I just have to ensure the position wont conflict with the tentative locati
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ 09/21/14 06:43 AM

Hi exlabdriver - Today's tube equipment is deliberately designed to have less "tube sound" than did products of old. Therefore, differences ARE more subtle - typically a bit more soundstage width/depth and a touch of "lushness"
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by bridgman @ 09/21/14 01:21 AM

Curved Air's new album -- North Star. Current albums from 60s and 70s bands have generally seemed pretty tired to me, but this one is like they just picked up where they left off 40 years ago, with all the good bits intact. Kirby Gregory is back on g
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by bridgman @ 09/20/14 08:53 PM

One more possible thing to consider -- I found that after treating first reflection points the system seemed to be more tolerant of less-good recordings. If you're oriented on the long wall then the side FRPs are probably OK but think about floor/c
What's New At Axiom
That's really great. Hoping my DSP/amp/preamp on order with LFR's will have that user-upgrade capability.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by brwsaw @ 09/19/14 11:54 PM

See...?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps by RobStewart @ 09/19/14 07:21 PM

These look nice! Though, I am partial to the aluminum myself. I have the ADA-1000 (love it!) and the aluminum front plate. I was glad to read elsewhere that aluminum will continue to be available for those that want it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by CatBrat @ 09/19/14 04:25 PM

I think we've had too much coffee.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 09/18/14 02:39 PM

Good to know! I was actually looking at one of their sinks since I like the black look, too.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage AXIOM AX5 series II by nickbuol @ 09/17/14 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BdzThe cones were poorly damaged by its age. I thought that it was damaged when plugged into a car stereo as a subwoofer?? Restore or replace Just messing with ya. Yeah, call Axiom. They will know your options best and
The Water Cooler
I remember before one high school football game, a number of the starting line-up (including me) drank a can of Jolt Cola and ate a thing of Sprees candy (which is pretty much just sugar). Not only were we so hyped up on energy, but we were also sho
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or replace ...advice pls... by SirQuack @ 09/17/14 05:43 PM

you can call Axiom
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mission (not so) Impossible: Be louder than the... by a401classic @ 09/17/14 01:02 PM

Hmmm.. could work. 4h battery may be shorter than they're looking for. The DeWalt blaster has a bluetooth adapter and extra battery packs available. Thanks - I'll pass it on to him.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: DIY Bass Shaker by Murph @ 09/17/14 12:09 PM

Ha thanks Ben. I stared at the pic so long that I didn't see the links.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New Camera by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 09/16/14 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawOriginally Posted By: Da_Gimp_PimpHere's my photography setup - ! - I have a Manfrotto articulating arm clamped the my chair via a Manfrotto Super Clamp. This supports my Sony RX10 camera. 2 - The grey piece below the c
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by CatBrat @ 09/16/14 01:45 PM

$300 to $500 for a meter sounds cheap to me. The person who calibrated my TV said he paid over $20,000 for his.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This day in history - September 16th... by nickbuol @ 09/16/14 01:25 PM

I gave myself a "10 Years" avatar. I will keep it for 10 days I guess. Useless post just got me to 4,445

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.