Alright, some new thoughts. If my receiver's x-over is at 120Hz would I still run the sub's at it's max? I assume if run this sub's x-over less than 120Hz I would have a hole between the two like Bridgman was talking about earlier in the thread. What about the option of running the sub from it's speaker level input and having the 22's run at full range? The 22's will naturally roll off at their inherent response and I could then set the x-over on the sub at say 100Hz. The only thing I'm not sure of is the effect on LFE signals. If I don't hook the sub up through the RCA sub out of the receiver does that mean I will lose the LFE info encoded in DD/DTS?

Another consideration. I hope I'm not bogging this reply down, but I have a ? about surround placement. My home theater placement is such that behind the listening area it is open to the kitchen on the other side of the house. The QS4's would be mounted to the side of the listening position at the recommended height. My concern is that there will be no rear wall to speak of. Is anyone out there in this same situation and if so should I start thinking of alternatives? I've heard the QS's are forgiving in placement, but what should I expect with the back tweeter firing into basically an entirely new room? Just looking for some thoughts.
Sips

Any escape might help to smoothe the unattractive truth..