Hi, Alan--

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. How do you guys keep up with all these posts, especially from complete idiots like me? (OK, I'm a brain surgeon--but this surround sound stuff is much more complicated than brain surgery.) I'm not even an Axiom customer yet, and I'm already incredibly impressed with the personal attention I've received from your company.

At any rate, the necessary remodeling for my future home theater remains to be done, but it looks as if my system will consist of a pair of M80s (any relation to the wonderful firewworks I played with as a kid?) and a VP150 up front, QS8 surrounds side and rear, and an EP350 sub. What would you think about Onkyo's 100-watt TX-SR800 (with THX), for about $1000, vs the Denon 110-watt AVR-3803 (no THX), at about $1200? Sounds like a no-brainer, so to speak--any other suggestions in the $1000-$1500 (or less) range?

Again, I very much appreciate the opportunity to pick the brain (pardon the expression) of someone with what I must assume is an enormous amount of listening experience.

Best regards,

theaterdoc