Oz,

I wouldn’t let the whole Sibilance thing scare you off. Chess described my issues exactly when he mentioned cymbal crashes and them being in the same frequency range, which is the irritant I have with some of my music. I wasn’t bitching about the speakers in that thread, but just trying to learn a thing or two. It basically boils down to the fact that some CD’s will sound like crap on the 60’s. And I’ll even wager that those same CD’s will sound like crap on any bright/detailed speaker. When I listen to those CD’s, I bump up the bass a little, and it sounds just fine. If hard rock/metal was all that I listen to, then I’d probably get a different set of speakers. But I listen to just about everything, and just about everything sounds great to me. Jazz and blues in particular. The instruments sound as if the musicians were in my living room. I do not regret buying the 80’s, not one bit, and am perfectly content to keep them. I have absolutely no desires to rush out and buy something different. When I buy a second system for the HT room, it’ll most likely be an Axiom system too. Excellent customer service has become something that I will not sacrifice any more. I have enough BS in my life to where I don’t need to deal with warrantee claims and pissy service reps. Just that aspect alone makes Axiom a brand of choice for me. Making a great sounding speaker is just the icing on the cake. If someone were to drop a set of Studio 100’s on my floor and ask to trade my 80’s, I’d trade them. But not because I prefer the way they sound, just the way they look. And then I’d regret it, because I’d loose some comfort over sacrificing customer service.