I agree with Allan 100%. The M22 has greater detail than the M3.

There is one thing to note that everyone has different tastes. I had the M22 for 5 months. The detail was great but it did not work for me. For my room I could only listen to them for about 1.5 hours or 2 at mid-loud levels (approx 70+db) and then I get listener fatigue and I get a headache. I traded them for M3. Now I can go more than that. I havent hit that fatique levels yet but I have yet passed 2.5 hours of mid-loud levels but so far so good. I like the M3 more than I did the M22. The M22 seemed a little forward and harsh at times. The M3 sounds exceptionally well specially if you crossover anywhere in the 80-100-120Hz to a good sub. For my ears it is much more suitable. For others, the M22 maybe better.
Another note is that it was much harder to dial in a sweet spot for the M22. The M3 was much easier. The M22 needs to be far away from anything (walls, TVs, bookshelves) to get its max ability. Once dialed in, its detail and soundstage shine like the 4th of July (yes I know I'm Canadian and do not know what that really means. If I said Victoria Day would that really help?)

Saturn

ps: when, oh when, will that little boat come?(loaded with my PMC TB2).