I hooked up a my 3 speaker switcher box instead of swapping wires. Brought my Energy's over too for comparision. Will never get rid of the Take-5 set dispite the 2 faults I have with them. Weak vocals and upper bass. I want the same sound, just fixed.
1)The M1's sound really muted. Vocals are not forward enough although they do deep male vocals better than the Energys. Vocals are centered but are pushed back. The Energys are at the front of the TV and the M1's sound like they're coming from behind the entertainment center. Highs are not open and tingly. Cymbals are too soft. I gave the NHT SuperZero a shot last month and they sounded very similar. Very similar
2) M2's - BRIGHT! Very close to the Energys except vocals are a bit overdone and get very shrilly up top. A lot more bass.
Wanted to stay small but maybe the M3 is better for me. I'll have the whole product line soon.
Saturday I'll be back at my house and will be testing them on the bedroom Kenwood. My Energys sounded good on all the receivers I've had. Are the Axioms more finicky?
JohnK - Swapped the left and right M2's and it stayed on the left. I'm sure it is the recording. But the M2's amplified this problem. I did not notice it on the M1's or the Energys in listening area. Only when I walked from speaker to speaker and put my ears next to them could I tell the vocals were down on the right speaker.
Thanks for all your input. Stephen