I have had my Samsung HLN617W DLP for 13 months now and have enjoyed it immensely. I'm not a videophile, in fact I know diddly about video but I do know that this TV has a very sharp picture even from DBS and is gorgeous on DVD. The colors are bright and beautiful (all of this probably describes a lot of TVs these days).

I love the fact that this TV weighs a mere 109# and that the picture seems borderless because of the tiny frame.

I did have a problem with it though. After about 4 months of use, I began to hear a "fan" like noise and it grew louder as time went by. I thought it was the cooling fan but I was surprised to learn (from repair dude) that it was the revolving color wheel. According to repair dude, the wheel spins at about 9k rpm and mine had gotten out of balance. It was a warranty repair but repair dude said that it would cost about $350.00 without warranty. I'm kinda glad I bought the extended warranty.

That was about 5 months ago and it has been ultra quiet and trouble free since. I don't regret the purchase even with the repair.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.