I bought a refurb H/K 525. (yes even after hearing the other troubles with harman refurbs, but I just can't pay retail)

Problem: When listening to SACD/DVD audio discs I have a horrible popping sound coming out of my center channel and left surround channel. All other modes seem to work fine like stereo, DTS, DD, 5 channel stereo etc. Checked the cables from DVD player to receiver.. .. . everything is proper. Popping comes out intermittently at all volume levels but varies from a pop here and there where somebody might say, "did I just hear some weird pop" to, "dude your system has some serious issues, what is that constant wretched popping?".

I will be rehooking up my Onkyo receiver to see if it could be the DVD player that is having the issue. But I am waiting to install banana plugs for the speaker connections due to the ridiculous, pathetic, useless binding posts that are on the back of the h/k.

I will keep you all posted but would appreciate any other tips or tests that I should run before dumping this new/refurb receiver.