>>would EP 600 be too big ??

There's "too big" as in "too big to work well in your room" or as in "bigger than you need; a smaller model would work just as well 99% of the time".

Believe it or not there isn't all that much overlap between floor standing speakers and a real good subwoofer, since you normally run the speakers in "small" and cut them off at 60-80 Hz. What the big speakers give you is the ability to play loud and clear in a large room; even the biggest "reasonable" floor standing speaker isn't going to do much down in the "real" subwoofer frequency ranges...

There is obviously some overlap in that both sub and M50/60/80 are capable in the 40-100 Hz range but that's not what you buy a good sub for in an HT system. Down below 40 Hz (where all the fun happens) none of the floor standing speakers are in the same league as even a midrange sub.

For music it seems to be a different story. Some people buy subs to get insane amounts of bass at higher frequencies, say up to 80 or 100 Hz. In that case there IS a real overlap between sub and speakers.

I still tend to turn my sub off for most music -- the M60s go as deep as I care for 99% of the time.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8