I can give you my 2 cents worth since I have gone from M22-M50-M60. Yep, tried them all.. I had the 22s for about 2 years and loved them. No complaints at all. In fact, sometimes I think about getting another set because of their tight, crisp sound. I decided I wanted a little fuller sound though and bass from the mains so I went to the 50s. Loved them but I did notice a difference in them and the 22s. The 50s were more laid back-to me that meant not as crisp or sharp as the 22s. Not that that was bad, just different. So I kept reading about the 60s and their mid range and bass and decided to try them. I love them and they give me the fullness, the bass when I turn off my sub, the better and sharper mid range and the crispness that I like. All of the Axioms are great. The 60s produce a little bit sharper and crisper detailed sound than the 50s but I don't think you can say that they're better, they are just a little different. However, saying all that, I am glad that I went to the 60s.