I will definitely do that. I always wanted to go to Nashville. Ever since moving to the south I have wanted to go there. I have mentioned going many times to my wife. It's the music history thing for me. Same for you if your ever in Atlanta get in touch.

Thanks for the in detailed reviews of the DVD's. I am very interested in the "1,000 Years of PM" project I would like to see that brought to Atlanta. I will definitely get that and the sound track documentary thing he did when they come out.

I think many people don't really get RT from recordings. As you so perfectly described the live shows is where his brilliance comes across. A lot of the people I have tried to turn on to RT think his music is too depressing. I think it is very real and very passionate but rarely depressing, even when he sings the more tragic material. It takes seeing the live show to see the irony and his way of laughing at himself as he laughs in the face of tragedy.

Over the years I have seen many of the greats and I think RT is probably the most astounding guitar player I have ever seen. Which is another reason a lot of people don't get him. He doesn't show all he can do in the recording studio. I don't know why he doesn't pull out all the stops until he is on stage but he doesn't. I remember seeing him at the Variety here in ATL in the mid 80's. He was solo and when I got the ticket I was kind of disappointed that he didn't have a band with him. Well towards the end of the show he did this cover of a great punk tune for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Maybe a Ramones or the Clash or someone like that. Well he went into the song and it got faster and faster and louder and louder and he was doing that thing where he plays the bass line with his thumb over the top of the fret bar while he finger picks a rhythm and alternates between a lead and a rhythm. Well I realize I standing there with my mouth open thinking this can't all be coming from one guitar, one musician. It got so fast and so loud I thought the roof of the Variety was just going to fly off the building, when he stopped on a dime. There was a momentary silence. I guess everybody thought there was more and he just did that goofy little smile and chuckle and the place went wild with applause. It was the most amazing thing. Ever since then it doesn't matter to me who is joining him on tour I go to see him. The only way to turn someone on to Richard is to take them to a show. Well maybe now DVD will be a close second. As long as they don't cut too much of the between song banter. That is so important to his charm.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon