In reply to:

Bren, I think it's very possible that you, Alice and I are the only people on the face of the planet that own a copy of "Da-Da". Mine's on vinyl -- I'm assuming yours is, too. I can't find it on CD.

Mine's on CD, I originally owned it (like most of my music) on cassette - one record player in the house as a teen, and that was in the family room. Don't remember where I got it, but it would have been a chain music store, I'd think.

In reply to:

By the way -- I always liked the Descendents, but I never knew where to start. Give me a recommendation for the one "gotta have" album. "Milo Goes to College"?

The earlier stuff is a lot more raw... and I'd kind of swept them under the rug of "stuff I don't listen to anymore" until the new album (Cool to Be You) came out... Milo, Bill, Steph... and augh... the bassist... Alvarez... forget his name... they'd matured along with me... no more "boogity boogity I love caffeine" stuff... it's more cerebral, less teen angsty and more "I'm an adult now - these are the mistakes I made"... all stuff from Milo's failed marriage and his part-time custody of his kids.

Bren R.