Ah, the joys of Denon manuals. They take a dedication to reading… and re-reading… and re-reading the manual that’s a stretch even for engineers who do it everyday for their jobs.

Look at page 44 of your Denon 1804/884 owner’s manual at the beginning of chapter 14 on Surround. They list a way to adjust your individual speaker levels that does not require the test tone to play from the setup menu. Don’t ask me why this isn’t in the same section as the setup menu. Hopefully, this will work for you. I can’t quite remember how I handled this with my AVIA disk. I’d recommend checking your settings in the test tone menu after you finish the adjustments. I recall trying to ascertain whether my system had different settings for each surround sound mode, but… I can’t remember my results unfortunately.

If your manual has “taken a hike” or been shredded in retribution for its failure to talk. Denon has a pdf you can down load on their website.

I’m not sure what to suggest on the “analog only” problem. I assume it’s more than just changing the setting as mentioned on page 38 of the manual.