Well now....this is one of those rare times when us DIYers have a very slight and unusual advantage.this dosen't happen very often.

In the area of convenience(and who, at MY age wants to be crawling around in a corner, in the dark, with failing eyesight, trying to adjust a sub?.....Not ME!!)Luckly, my sub box is two years younger than I and I didn't wish to do any excess surgury on its frail carcass. So instead of hacking a big hole in the back of the box for the plate amp, the amp sits out in the air, and in plain sight of....only me, when I'm in my listening chair. And that's cool cause I can see the red light turn to green when the amp leaves standby and goes active(which isn't as often while listening to music and just watching TV cause I'm crossed at 60.) Plus it's very easy to make amp adjustments in the light, and within easy reach.(which I don't do very often with my current set-up, but it's nice to know that I can!)

So anyway.....you guys have a performance advantage on me when it comes to deep and loud(although I think I've discovered a new, larger driver that will fit the box with the proper electro-mechanical properties that will help me close the gap) But when it comes to convenience and keeping track of what mode the amp is in...I Have Seen The Light