In reply to:

Cine-Motion provides an optimized display by automatically detecting film content and applying a reverse 3:2 pulldown process. Moving pictures will appear clearer and more natural looking

The way it detects "telecine" - movies shot on 24fps film (film is always progressive ) - and transfered to 30 fps interlaced is by the way the frames are interleaved in the interlaced fields... it makes my brain hurt to try to reason out what order they're put in, so whenever I need the info, I usually consult my cheat sheet about it... so how exactly it displays that, whether or not it undoes the telecine process ("cinetele" or 2:3 pull up as often known) and then displays the result in 24P... who knows? But that would give you a more film-like look.

24P is an odd thing... some people swear by it, it's got that dreamy quality (compare, say... your favorite TV show) and 30I looks a lot more "real and current" (compare: live hits on the news).

Hell, my parents are in their 60s (well, mom'll be there in October) and my dad can't tell the difference between composite RF and component.

Bren R.