My wife, and some of her friends, are having a garbage, I mean garage, sale at our house. One of their husbands brought over some old audio gear, and he said that they worked, but asked my wife if I had any speakers laying around that he could hook up so that people knew that they worked. I wasn't home at the time, but I am sure glad that my wife asked me before dragging my M60's out so that they could be hooked up to the garage sale stereo stuff.

Can you image if I had them out there? Not only could they have been knocked over, kicked, or damaged in some way, but what if my wife wasn't running the money box and someone said to one of the other ladies, "I'll give you $15 for the pair of speakers."

YIKES!

Luckily, like I said, my wife asked me later last night, "Do you have any speakers that we could hook up do Jason's stereo so people know that his stuff works? What about the ones in the home theater?" I quickly steered her in the right direction and found some old (and I mean old) Panasonic speakers that I meant to get out for the garage sale anyway. They weren't mine, but the owner left them at my house 2 years ago and moved to Oregon, and it would cost more to ship them than they are worth.

Anyway, has anyone else almost lost their speakers for one reason or another by "accident"?

PS. My wife is usually more on the ball than to ask about using my nice Axioms, but she had been setting stuff up for days, and it was about 2AM this morning before she asked me, so in her defense, her brain was a little fried last night.

Farewell - June 4, 2020