Thank you all for the wonderful welcomes.

I have to agree with Amie, Victoria is a very beautiful city. Unlike the rest of Canada, Victoria does not really experience Winter. Annual snowfall is measured in hours. i.e. "It snowed for 6hrs this year". So, I do not own a Toque (wool hat), 'ski-doo' boots, nor a Parka. If I want to ski during the Winter, I drive up island to Mt. Washington or take the Ferry to Whistler/Blackcoomb in Vancouver. In order to rub the temperate climate into the faces of other Canadians, each February - while much of the country lingers in snow storms, we count all the blooms/blossoms in our gardens and on the fruit trees (Apple, cherry, etc) and announce this count to the rest of our nation.

Note: yes it rains alot in Victoria - but significantly less than either Seattle or Vancouver due to the geography.

Washington is a very nice city, and my girls are learning all about 4 separate and distinct seasons. We truly do appreciate the welcome that we have received by everyone that we have met in the US and look forward to the next 3 years.

For Capn_P - PM sent.

Cheers,
Rob