In reply to:

Now, you find that your passive bi-amped set up does sound better? Cleaner at high SPL? Better in general? I understand that this would put a lower load on each amp, therefore getting essentially more SPL with less strain on the amps and thus reducing the chance of clipping. But say at 88-100 DB does it actually sound better? I am just wondering.

I would be lying if I said that I could actually tell the difference when I passively bi-amp given the same loudness level. If the amplifiers are equivalent, passive bi-amping should never sound better at any given non-clipping volume. This is just like how bi-wiring should never sound better.

This may make you ask why I do that at all... Well, I have a 7.1 channel receiver (the Pioneer VSX-1014 Tx). This receiver gives you the option to use 7.1, 6.1, or 5.1. If you select 5.1, the receiver allows you to either use the extra two amplification channels to bi-amp your main speakers or set up a multi-room system. Since I no longer have high quality speakers in other rooms, I chose to bi-amp my main speakers. I like having those extra 3 dB of dynamic range if I ever need them.