If your TV has S-Video only, does the DVD player have an S-Video output jack? I'm suprised that it has component if you say it is non-progressive, most progressive players have component so you can hook them to a HDTV ready tv to get an improved picture. If the DVD player has S-Video, maybe it would be best for now to just hook it to the TV directly, not through the Denon.

Does the DVD player have Coax or Optical Audio out jacks? That is what goes to the Receiver for digital sound for surround. Otherwise, you will have to just use the Red/White audio, but you won't get true Digital sound.

I'm not that familiar with the 4806, but am jealous, especially about your Axiom's Most new receivers will let you hook up composite, s-video, and component and then output them over one component to the tv, so you have less cables going to the tv. If what your saying is your trying to output over s-video from component, not sure you can do that, I could be wrong, but that would be to opposite of what you would normally want to do anyway. Component has a better picture than S-Video, with composite being the worse.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85