First I have to say that axiom got my shipment here quick. It was two days. I was actually hoping it would take a little more time then it did because I had to work and couldn't be at my house and as always they show up at 10 in the morning!! DOHH! So I had to go get them cause I definitly wasn't waiting till today. I have to say these are beautiful. The pictures do not do justice to how pretty the cabinets are. I was really pleased with how they look.
Anyway here is my problem. I let the yamaha 5790 do the calibrating and it gave me an error telling me the sub was too loud. Also the sub has a continuos hum. I took out the ground screw but it was still there. After a while it went away, but if I put the sub setting where it tells you to to start you hear it. I know I am a newbie and this is why I am having this trouble. I know I need to get a SPL meter from radio shack right. Will doing the calibrating myself with that take care of the following problems: Subwoofer sounds muddy, boomy, and not crisp at all. When scenes have explosions or low rumbling in it. It sounds more like noise than part of the effect. I know a ep 500 does not sound like this. I assume it is me!!! What settings do I need to put the Front center and surrounds too? What crossover setting do I use? I have a straight rca run to my sub from my reciever. What setting do I put my sub on and what setting do I put my reciever on? The other speakers only seem to need calibrated with the SPL meter. Thanks for the help. I apparently NEEED LOTS of it.

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center