I have listened to the Rockets only briefly, but I can tell you that it has a markedly different tonal character from the Axioms. In short, the Rockets are much more laid-back, mellow and relaxed as compared with the Axioms, which are more detailed, airy and transparent. Some people think that the Axioms are too bright, whereas others describe the Rockets too laid-back or dull. It is largely the matter of preference, but they definitely sound different.

The mellow and laid-back character of the Rockets are intentionally voiced that way, according to the public statements by their designers. Similarly, the Axioms are voiced by Ian Colquhoun to what he deems as the most "accurate" sound. So, each of these speakers heavily reflects its engineer's philosophy, too.

Do not try to read too much into the speaker specs. Unless they are measured under the identical conditions, they are basically meaningless for inter-brand comparisons. Also, I would not be concerned too much about the number of drivers and other "design decisions" -- after all, the resulting sound quality is all that matters.

Finally, everybody seems to agree that the Rockets' real-wood veneer finish is gorgeous, as long as the appearance (only one finish available) meets your taste.