Yes, that's right Jack. I have the receiver and I am trying to figure out thether polks will be a better fit to the receiver than axioms.

It is a tough one. Looking at the specs of each brand of speakers I have observed the following:

Fronts - RTi12 look to be better from strickly hardware perspective(3x7" subwoofers vs 2x6.5" on R60), midrange and tweeter appear to be similar.

Surrounds - FXi5 have 1x6.5" mid/woofer vs. 2x5.25" on QS8. Tweeter appear to be similar.

Center - CSi5 has 2x6.5" mid/woofer vs. 3x5.25 on VP150 and 1x1" tweeter vs. 2x1" on axioms.

Sub - slightly different technology.

So, here is my conclusion, RTi12s appear to be better all around fronts, center appears to be better on axioms, rears better on axioms, and sub better on axioms. This is strictly from hardware perspective and interpreted by me.

Here is another thing. Polks are all 8ohm speakers where as Axioms are 6ohm centre, 8ohm front, 6ohm rears. Even if I wanted to upgrade the fronts to M80 on axioms, they only come in 4ohm configuration.

The recommendation for the 72TXV is to use 8ohm speakers. There is a switch fro 6ohm, but as I have read, one shouldn't use it. The power is 130w x 7 in 8ohm with continous power output (20Hz-20kHz, 0.09%) and 160w x 7 in 6ohm with continous power output (1kHz, 1.0%).

Any ideas?

To compare the two setups, one would have to listen to each setup on my receiver and I don't think I can arrange that. Even then, I don't consider myself nowhere an expert and I'm not sure what to look for as far as playback.

As far as money is concerned, I can get the Polks for 2800 tax in, including speaker wire, vs 3880 for Axioms - thousand buck cheaper. Is it worth it?

I would appreciate if someone could give me some feedback.