In reply to:

You make it sound like the VTF3 is way more than what I need. I may have to consider the VTF2.

It may be more than you need, it depends on your room and how you use it. I'm one of those people who beleive in having more headroom than I really need. I like the extra headroom for clean output. The key for me is clean output vs. distorted. That's why I run two VTF-3s, because for me sound quality is everything and I always want to know that no matter how demanding the movie is mixed I'll have the SQ I want by having plenty of headroom.

That's why I'm always amazed when people talk about their subs it's always about how low and what dB they go vs. talking about the quality of the sound at a low Hz and high dB. What good is a sub that hits 16Hz at 110dB if it sounds like crap. I think most people think subs are all about bragging rights of high dB and low Hz, and thats all good as long as the sound quality is there too.

For example SVS makes some really great subs, but to me their best sounding sub that I've heard is the PB12 Ultra. It's not their most expensive, loudest or lowest, but to me it is the best combination of low extension, high dB and sound quality that they offer in a "box" sub. I'm sure everyone with bigger and more expensive SVS subs will disagree with me, but that just what my ears have heard from the SVS subs I've listened too(nope I haven't heard them all).

OK I'm done with my rant, so how big is your room and how loud do you listen? Those two things make a big difference on which sub to get. Also do you use you sub for music or just movies? Alot of people think just any sub is good for movies, but movies have great soundtracks and belive it or not even explosions will sound different on two different subs.