My $.02

If you can afford it in any way, go with the VTF3 over the VTF2. Both awesome subs but here is what I heard.

Went down to the Hsu headquarters to listen and probably buy the VTF2 if it lived up to half of its praise.

It was incredible. I loved it. It was the first sub that I had ever heard to really have super clean and accurate bass. Had listened to every sub in the big brand stores including 15" velodyne's, infinities, cambridge soundworks, and many many others up to about $2500.

I began working out the details on price and color with the staff when Dr. Hsu came and started talking to me about my room layout and size. He stated that I really ought to consider the VTF3 for my situation. He made it a no brainer especially with the deal he gave on a B-stock sub.

So I said lets do it and began paying for the VTF3. Mind you I had not even heard this sub yet because I was really only interested and initialy budgeted for the VTF2. The good Dr. asked me, "Do you want to take a listen to one of these".

"But of course", I stated.

Back into the listening room armed with my CD's and some of their library of DVD's and CD's. Well it took all of the first bass hit/note to convince me of what a great decision I had made. Is it more than I need, probably. But my goodness the bass that comes out of this sub is awesome. It was a big difference in quality from the VTF2 at the same volume levels. And don't forget I LOVED the VTF2. It was awesome. Its just the VTF3 is that much better.

Of course your room is not huge but you will DEFINITELY notice a difference at any volume with the bigger sub. Its worth it to me.

I would go with two if the wife did not hate the "massive, ugly black box in the corner". Oh well, at least I get to enjoy one.