After reading so many good reviews on this site and others, I am starting to think about getting the Epic Grand Master system for my home theater. I currently have a Kenwood HTB 504 system and I have been very happy with it. It really only falls short for musicals and of course music listening in general. I will continue using the VR507 receiver and just upgrade the speakers. My main concern will be movies, but I will use it for music as well and have gotten into DVD audio a little. I have 3 questions.
1. Can I get away with using the powered sub that comes with the HTB-504 and just upgrade the front and rear, or does this sub really suck?
2. My room is only 16 x 12, but it is open on one long side - will this cause any problems that may want me to re-think the setup?
3. I know Axiom has a generous tryout period, but is there a speaker I can go listen to at a store that would be close to the Axiom setup I am interested in? Even if it is more expensive, I would like to hear what a "bright" speaker sounds like to make sure I will like it (I know, upgrading from the Kenwood, anything is an improvment :-)).
Thanks in advance for your help.
Barry