If the main concern is pirce and getting good deals, it would seem you done well at the $300, but we don't know if that included shipping costs. Now you have a pair of QS8 at a price you like, but you have settled for a color that is not exactly what you would care to have.
You could have purchased the speakers from Axiom (FO) with your choice of finish, free shipping, and had new out of the box speakers, for a cost of $150 more than the price you paid. Along with having the finish you want, new speakers, you would have the five year warranty, all of this adds up to a total of $2.50 per month for 60 months, the length of the warranty.
We all like to save money where we can, but for myself if I start getting to 70% for used verses price of new, I will go with new, and then I have the option of having the support from the company that made the product.
If companies like Axiom did not make a profit, and all customers tried to get the lowest prices on thier products, eventually there would not be free forums for people to use to educate themselves on what to buy. This is just my opinion, take it for whats it worth.