In reply to:

You could have purchased the speakers from Axiom (FO) with your choice of finish, free shipping, and had new out of the box speakers, for a cost of $150 more than the price you paid. Along with having the finish you want, new speakers, you would have the five year warranty, all of this adds up to a total of $2.50 per month for 60 months, the length of the warranty.
We all like to save money where we can, but for myself if I start getting to 70% for used verses price of new, I will go with new, and then I have the option of having the support from the company that made the product.

Also a lot of companies will not even honour a warranty for a new product not purchased at an authorized dealer.

I'd say, for the hassle, I'm sure it would be easier to paint the speakers. Jinx wants value for money. Why spend all the money on upgrading and shipping (if even an option). Painting the speakers black would be so much easier.

I remember when some friends of mine and I bought some .22 rifles with ugly wood grain stocks. We all spray painted them, mine was a gloss black, one was a frosted black and one guy painted his blue. No idea why he chose blue.

Painting the speaker boxes is the best option for Mr. Jinx.