Once I get my XBox 360, (which will be god knows when because I couldn't afford to reserve one and now that I can, their crazy backordered) I will have a dilemma. I'm almost positive that my TV has only one set of component inputs and I will have my DVD player and new XBox to run through my Reciever now. Problem is, when my dad got his turntable I switched him recievers so now I have a Denon 1604 which is a fine reciever, but I see that it only has a 30 MHZ bandwith for the component switching and I don't want to suffer from any visible degradation.

I wish XBox had an HDMI output so I could utilize that but it looks like Component is the only answer for now. So, this dilemma (coupled with the fact that I want "more" reciever) has prompted me into looking for another reciever. I've had a Sony and two Denon's, now I think I want to try a Harman Kardon. I've been looking at the 235, 240, 335, 340 lines. Factory Refurbished or discounted etailers is the way I'm looking. I've noticed that those recievers have a 50 mHz component bandwith switching capabilities. Is this enough? Could someone please let me know what the minimum Component bandwith is for no visible degradation. I wouldn't mind going to a newer Denon (as the specs say they have 100 mHz bandwith) as they have proven reliable and feature ladden, but for some reason I've been itching to try a H/K. The main reason is for the Bass MGT and call me crazy but I want to try the "warm sound." Please no remarks or fighting over this one fellas.

Budget is around $400 including shipping (although I'd prefer to spend less). Off the top of my head the important features that I want are PLIIX, Logic7 (hopefully these decoders are better than regular PLII), Bass MGT, and high component bandwidth. Other features like Auto EQ/setup are unimportant to me as far as I know.

So can you gentlemen (or ladies if you're out there) recommend one of these receivers or an alternate choice that would fit my aforementioned criteria?

Oh, and I'll probably be making my purchase a week or two after christmas (probably about the time I will be able to get my hands on a 360). So I have time.