In reply to:

what if I put the sub next to the tv and the 60's next to the wall on each side.

You can certainly do that. I've done it before in past systems, but I've never cared for the results with my sub up front. That's just a preference thing though. If you like it and it works well for you, then go for it. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

However, if you moved your sub and placed it in the rear right or left cornor of your room, or behind your couch or seating area, you'd be able to move your tv over a little more, henceforth allowing you more room up front.

Typically speaking, I like to have my speakers/ sub about 6"-8" from the side wall and at least a good 6"-12" from the back. I'd recommend experimenting a little and see which works best for you and your room.

Last but not least, doing a 7.1 setup in your room. Don't worry about it, it's fine. I've got a dedicated theater room in my house and it's smaller then your room. Mine measures about 16' X 11', with a 7.5" ceiling and I'm running a 7.1 system without any problems whatsoever.

Sutter