Jeeez, Outlook never listed today as "Pick on Mark" day! Stupid Calendar!

Anyway, John.... (he says while giving the hairy eyeball to Tom and Rick... and that's serious with my eyes!) I guess much of my concern is that the plots are pretty different even from one seat on the couch to the next. And they are something just a bit short of "dramatically" different if you sit in the corners of the room in the elbow of the sectional or in the recliner. I have six plots here that were metered for three seat positions with the sub both in it's current position and also with the sub in the corner to the right of the DLP. Actually, they're really not fitting the "44Hz, 88Hz, and 132Hz" math too well.

For reference:

I'm not saying I won't try the BFD tonight, but how can an EQ help if there's so much variance in measurements from seat to seat? That's a bit rhetorical, John… I know it can't and yet I'll never know what results I can achieve till I try.

Regarding the "port noise" though, I'm confident it's as described. I looped the "Darla scene" while putting my face on the floor directly in front of the sub and it's definitely the ports.

I appreciate your help on this one, John (he says while sneering at Tom and Rick). It's been a year since my HT "redo", and this is the only area of dissatisfaction. I just can't nail down whether the room is completely at fault or if the 350 isn't enough sub… or both. I guess I just can't believe that the 350 isn't capable of performing magnificently in a smallish room. Heck, I was originally considering the EP175 because I thought the 350 would be too much!

I have so many deadlines this time of year, and I really shouldn't be doing this right now. Yet, I always believed that when you work harder, you should play harder. So, despite my schedule of late, I'm tired of seeing the BFD just sit there and flash while not feeling those massive explosions!

Just a quick thought: Is it generally a good idea to put a sub in the center of a room? Last night (while getting very tired) I imagined two down-firing subs with a fashioned top to make a coffee table!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::