In reply to:

The graph didn't mention crossover frequency...

Unfortunately, I didn't have the crossover frequency listed on the original chart from April. I did note that on the top of the chart…but that's not much help! It's very likely 80Hz since that's the setting that I've used for the vast majority of listening since buying the Denon.

In reply to:

a combination which doesn't give you much output in the "wow did you feel that ?" frequency range. Perversely enough the 350 in a larger room would probably be quite a bit more satisfying because of the room reinforcement at lower frequencies.

Well, maybe that just makes this whole situation moot.

I've had two goals here: To try to smooth out the frequency response and to get bass that I can feel. I have been assuming that any sub I use in the same position (and without the BFD) is likely to give me the same spikes/null as if have now with my 350 as they seem to be primarily room-related. Yet, if I replaced my 350 with a 500 I could reach the depths to produce bass that I can feel. If what you're saying is true, my room might "fight" the 500s abilities to play lower anyway?

I have to check my PMs… you might have told me something along these lines several days ago!?? I guess I thought that getting the best sub position possible, using a BFD to knock down some of the spikes and using a sub that goes stronger and deeper will offer reasonable gains in my room. Maybe not? Geeez, now I'm depressed…..

In reply to:

It may be time for someone who lives near Mark and has one of those "flat below 20 hz" subs to pay a visit and see if an EP500, SVS or VTF-3 fixes the problem.

Geez, again. No one lives near me. Well, among Axiomites anyway. Where in the World? Yup. Lonely out here.

So let me cut to the chase here: looking at the room layout and the freq. plot above (I won't re-post in deference to our dial-up friends), is there anyone here that thinks a 500 will or won't help with my goals above? (with the BFD I already on, of course…)

Taking bets……

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::