I am currently starting to look at putting a new HT together and I'm not real familiar with anything other than your standard Best Buy and Circuit City electronics. I have only owned Pioneer, Toshiba, Cerwin Vega, and Yamaha in the past and I really want to get something nice. I have been looking at different speakers and stumbled across a forum that mentioned Axioms. Since then, I have been on this forum reading as much as I can about them and I think these are what I'm looking for. I can't really afford anything, "high end", so these seem to give you the "high end" sound with a decent price.
All I currently have to start with is my tv. We just moved into a new house that we had to furnish from top to bottom so I had to go with a cheaper display (Toshiba 52HM84), but it does produce a great picture and I'm very pleased with it. The room I am going to put the finished system in is 15x12x9. It has wooden floors, but I am going to put down a large area rug. The back of the room has a 10ft. opening into the entry way with a tile floor. Anyway, I am looking to add a receiver, dvd player (a new one), and speakers. I plan on starting with just the receiver and front towers, then eventually add the center, surrounds, sub, etc... I am interested in the M60's, QS8's, and the EP500. I want to start with a quality receiver and the M60's.
I would like to know if these speakers sound like a good fit for this room. I would also like to know what receiver to use with this setup as well as a nice dvd player. I have read a lot about Denon, HK, and Pioneer on this forum and while these sound like okay choices, I have heard some negatives on other forums. Could someone please help me with this? I would like something reliable, that has great sound for movies as well as music. If there are other brands mentioned such as Rotel, Nad, Marantz, etc., please include links to buy these online. I have looked for better online pricing and have come up short.
I apologize for the long post. Thanks in advance for any help.