I agree, the vtf3 is more then I need as well. I really wanted a ep500, if anything for a matching set, but I am very happy with the vtf3 to the point where I have no need to upgrade any time soon.

The only time I even heard it make any noise outside of perfect bass was when I first placed it on carpet. The thing is really heavy and will sink into carpet. The noise I heard while playing Return of the King at insane levels was actually the woofer hitting the carpet. So I put some risers under the legs, and that remedied it instantly and never happened again.

That woofer moves a lot. Flip it over and watch it someday. It's crazy. Get the MP3 files from HSU for the sub tests. It's cool to watch and feel the sub shake the house but not actually hear anything loud.

War of the worlds wasn't an issue for me. But whoever did the sounds for that movie should be fired. They are horrible. I've had a decent stereo since the late 80's and this is one of the very few movies that I was actually concerned that I would blow a tweeter quite easily. The first scene with the Tripod coming out of the ground where it starts shooting lasers at the crowd in the streets.....tweeters beware. I had my hand on the volume throughout this movie in fear another loud noise out of nowhere would happen, and it did frequently. I hate movies that have such drastic changes in volume

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12