I like the Saleens too, but that’s an aftermarket option and I don’t think it’ll have the collectability that the GT 500 will. They are very nice though, at least the twin turbo ones are. The GT 500 will have the GT engine with slightly lower compression and between 450-500 hp. The GT is 550 hp. Shelby is chin deep in its design, so I’m sure it’ll be a dandy of a ride.

The big Ford dealer in Alaska has a red GT in the showroom. They are giving it away on a super-duper sales event at the end of the year. I don’t think I’ll win it….

I’ve got a straight, rust free 61 stingray sitting in a barn in Montana waiting for time, money and motivation. It’s lacking the drive train, but that’s OK. I have plans to build a stainless steel frame and retrofit a C-5 donor suspension under it. I’ll drop in the 7.0 ltr Z06 crate motor that GMPP is selling as of this month for 14K and a six speed. well, at least that’s the plan……..right after the basement is done. this might end up being my son’s project at this rate.