JL,

Nice post, and welcome to the Axiom Message Board.

I can't say whether or not Axioms are right for you. That's a personal decision that we all have to make. Each of our tastes are different, as well are our ears. I can only tell you my experience with Axioms and why I choose them over others.

In my case, it's all about accuracy and purity. Being able to reproduce sound faithfully and accurately at any volume level without any distortion.

As a musician of 27 years, these things are key to me. Over the years I've owned many different speakers by various manufactures, but Axiom is the only one I've owned four systems from. They're outstanding speakers! Axiom produces outstanding speakers at an exceptional value, and their customer service is second to none.

You might be able to buy better, but you're going to pay a heck of a lot more for them, and even then, the level of improvement will be minor at best, based upon my experience anyways.

If you decide to give Axiom a try (remember they've got a 30 day trial), then I'd suggest at the very least, going with Axioms for your mains and center channel. You can mix and match brands, I just don't recommend it, due to a wide range of various reasons.

I hope I was able to help to some extent. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

Sutter