In reply to:

Let me say that I really like my Technics front speakers. I know they are not considered high end, but I’ve really enjoyed their sound and don’t really want to replace them. I do not like my center or rear speakers though.

I guess my question is; can I get a center and rear speakers from Axiom and keep my Technics? Will the difference in sound be too drastic?

Also, what makes axiom better than say JBL or Klipsh?

First let me say that if you like your Technics, by all means keep them! That is the whole point to this audio/video hobby is getting to the point that it pleases you.

Now, having said that, your Technics center should match your mains with the same timbre. If you purchase an Axiom center, you may find that it gives you a cleaner, clearer, fuller sound. Your fronts should all match. You may find that you will probably want to match your fronts and change your Technics to M22s or M60s, however.

What makes the Axiom speakers better than JBL or Klipsh IMO would be the higher quality test research facilities used to produce a technically superior product. IF you like the sound of , for example, JBL or Klipsh then all the numbers in the world should not convince you otherwise. You will notice that a lot of poeple get hung up on graphs and specs without even listening to a product.

Perhaps the proof will be in the pudding, as they say, and the best bet is to audition the Axioms. It will definitely be one of the single most significant upgrades you can do to your system.