SHEEIIITTT!!! You guys are living in the tropics!! Come on up for a visit! Ya wimps!!!

I bought a beautiful 10’ Christmas tree in Anchorage last weekend like I do every year, threw it in the back of the truck and drove home to Valdez (300 mile trip). The temp was between -24 and -32 F most of the way. Killed my damn tree so now I get to sweep up needles every day. Hopefully it’ll last till Christmas. It’ll be in the new year’s eve bon fire and it’ll be a torch!

Then I get to plow my driveway every night with the four wheeler when I get home from work. So far we’ve got 80” of snow since Nov 2. Our average snow fall is 350” and it’s 800” on the pass twenty miles away. Then there’s rain in-between snow storms which really makes snow removal fun. Had 8” of heavy snow fall today in the past six hours and it’s turning to rain. The forecast is calling for 8 – 12” of snow every day for the next four days.

Just another year in Alaska………not much different than last year, or the year before, and before and before……..