In reply to:

Umm...really going to pan a movie based on CG images in a trailer? I mean by all rights I can't say you nay. But jeez.

Umm.. yes, what would I base where my movie watching money would go? Critical acclaim? If Rex Reed and the ghost of Gene Siskel (or the mustache of Gene Shalit) like a movie, I'll like it? All in the eye of the beholder... you have 00:00:29.15 in a commercial trailer to show me the best of what you've got... if it's a CG wankfest and your CG stinks on ice, either your PR people should be dragged out and shot, or your movie's a dog in the effects department... and if you're hoisting it based on the effects and not the story, and the effects stink, how bad is the story?

In reply to:

And yes TB is good if uneven. Certainly imaginative. CATCF looked good but other than that I was looking at my watch half an hour in.

I'm not a fanboy of Tim Burton's... but he can direct. And he can tell a story - I'd rather see him do Dick and Jane than watch Lucas or Cameron (can you tell who my LEAST fave directors are?) do Shakespeare. Tim's offbeat, and he strikes a great balance between cerebral humour/slapstick/drama, darkness/light and just plain ridiculousness.

Bren R.