Yes, I love my denon 1600 player which is connected via component to my Toshiba 50hdx82 which is hdtv ready crt rear projection. I am going to get front projection in few years and everything will be 1080p. But what I was wondering is what can I do to get better picture than 420p from my current setup? Best to get upconverter, etc? Another reason I'm asking is because I was told that if I put my normal dvds in a hd-dvd player then it will still be 480p instead of true high definition? If so, then I would hate to buy 300+ movies in hd to replace my standard ones. Although I was thinking when I get front projection then I could use my denon 1600 as 2nd dvd player or cd player and have better player in few years to compliment with the front projector. Also about the upconverter as I was reading that it would take 420i from dvd player and convert it to 720p or 1080i for the rear projection. Is that how it works? Is the picture quality better that way?

Axiom M60s, VP150, QS8s, EP500 -- Rotel 1075 & 1068 -- Panasonic BDT500 -- Panasonic 60S60